Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist hope box!

Distortion, did you get the email around 3:40 too? :( Chin up everybody, u beat out lots of candidates for the interview!

As for batch sending..... could be plausible but would you do that as adcom? I mean if class was completely full u'd probably just send a spam email for everybody, and hit send at the same time. I think this is just a shortening of the waitlist.....

But then again I could be wrong and we get the email at 9 in the morning :o

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No updates anyone? This is really strange. I mean the whole sending in batches idea really doesn't make sense to me, and if that was the case wouldn't we have received an e-mail by now? Maybe their aiming for another 3:40 release like yesterday.

that's weird that some of you didn't get the email. I would call them to clarify!

the emails were personalized with our names on them so I guess it could take longer but our initial waitlist emails were also personalized with names so its odd that they didn't all come out at once :/

I wish we can get some numbers from past years, although I doubt anything like that is published. It certainly would be a blessing for anyone of us to be called back at this point, maybe some of the current med students can comment on how commonly this occurs?

on a slightly different note - queen's doesn't give us any feedback on interview scores etc to any of your knowledge do they? Would be helpful in order to know where to improve for future years!

Unfortunately not. I emailed them after I got my "class if full" notice but they said they can't say anything. It would be nice to tell you something if you were at least waitlisted, even a sentence or a few key words would suffice. I know they are busy but still, considering they tell you absolutely nothing during the waitlist process imo its the least they could do. On the upside though, Uoft told me if you were waitlisted then there is probably not much wrong with your application, just depends on the applicant pool. Lets hope next year works out better for everyone, good luck with apps!

I wish we can get some numbers from past years, although I doubt anything like that is published. It certainly would be a blessing for anyone of us to be called back at this point, maybe some of the current med students can comment on how commonly this occurs?
It occurs very rarely, but it is possible.

Archived