Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist hope box!

anybody know if it came first thing in the AM in previous years? (ie are we safe for today lol)

well according to http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51589&page=29 people posted about it at 10AM so it was sent earlier than that...maybe we are safe/still have a chance. 3 people were added since I last checked the fb thread a few days ago so perhaps there has been recent movement

ps congrats obi saw you were a WL-er last year and looks this this year was in fact your year and you will take the medical world by storm :D

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well according to http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51589&page=29 people posted about it at 10AM so it was sent earlier than that...maybe we are safe/still have a chance. 3 people were added since I last checked the fb thread a few days ago so perhaps there has been recent movement

ps congrats obi saw you were a WL-er last year and looks this this year was in fact your year and you will take the medical world by storm :D

They were accepted on May 5th though I think? So you would need to make a correction for May 15th, approx 1 week and a half extra ?

Goodluck everyone!

I'm really puzzled with this years waitlist movement. If as people assumed the initial acceptance rate was higher due to more people being given only 1 interview or for any of the other reasons suggested by some then the class would have been full by this point :S

They were accepted on May 5th though I think? /

First round offers went out on May 5th last year, but based on the posts under last years waitlist thread the first set of waitlist offers were issued on May 24th. Although this year we started on May 30th, after the 2 week deadline expired which is unusual since Queens in the past started moving the waitlist well before the deadline. In any case that 6 day extension this year I don't think is the reason for the delay in filling the class. I just feel like there seems to be some level of coordination among all schools in Canada this year with regards to slowing down the waitlist offers over time and it is intentional. Now as for the reason why they would want to slow it down, that's where I'm stuck.

Hey guys apparently I got a call from queens at my HOUSE( I should have put down my cell on omsas) saying that they haven't been able to reach me through mail( physical mail). Now, I understand we are waiting for two things, either an offer phone call or a class full e-mail. What could this possibly be? My brother gave the person our address and that was that. Should I call back to ask what's going on?? I don't want to miss any deadline if this important, though I can't think of anything this could possibly be.

Tptn I would call. The 2016 class calls them like 400x a day because they're not good with emails for some reason, so you're not like bugging them or anything (or at least not more than we are). It's a really quick way to settle your nerves, and it's likely good news!

613-533-3307

Good luck!

Sorry to make the tough times worse guys... but what did the email say? And did your SOLUS update?

Cuz I didn't get an email... Either that means there's a really short list now... or they just shrunk the list.

:( I feel bad for everybody, and I think I may just be the slowpoke here.

Weird that some got the email and some didn't... wonder what it means?

My SOLUS didn't change after receiving the email.

Sorry to make the tough times worse guys... but what did the email say? And did your SOLUS update?

Cuz I didn't get an email... Either that means there's a really short list now... or they just shrunk the list.

:( I feel bad for everybody, and I think I may just be the slowpoke here.

I regret to inform you that the Queen’s Medical Class of 2016 has now been

filled and we are no longer presenting offers to candidates remaining on our

waitlist. However, should a place become available up to the end of

September we will, of course, fill the spot with a waitlisted candidate.

If you wish to reapply for admission in 2013, applications will be available

online at http://www.ouac.on.ca/omsas/. Please check the OMSAS website carefully

for important application deadline dates.

I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Regards,

I'm confused...I didn't get e-mail either.... yet....

Maybe they know we are not in Ontario? ^ jk...

maybe they are sending in batches, and probably send them tomorrow to people who hasn't received them yet.

They're probably just sending them in batches because I checked my e-mail and I haven't received the rejection letter yet. For a second I thought that might have meant that I missed their call or something and I got so excited, but then I saw how many of you haven't received them either :(.

well, on the brightside for you guys (my fellow ex-teammates :( ), it probably means you were ranked higher on the WL than we were, as I received the dreaded email today too.. on to backup plans for next year for now, trying to keep my chin up, and keep chasing my dream!

sorry everyone stuck on the wait list :( - it is very hard to go through a cycle and not get in. If this is really what you want apply again! It is common as you know to have to go through more than one cycle to get in. Best of luck in your future what every you decide!

Archived