Premed 101 Forums

2012 Waitlist Thread

So I'm hoping that some movement will start again tomorrow or Friday...after the deadline for the waitlist acceptances has passed. Anybody else here left except me and kidslit??

I'm gunning for you dassy, I really am!

Despite your screen name having TERRIBLE connotations in my mind. When I worked in the ER, there was this regular patient with a similar name to your screen name, who was an absolute NIGHTMARE.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm gunning for you dassy, I really am!

Despite your screen name having TERRIBLE connotations in my mind. When I worked in the ER, there was this regular patient with a similar name to your screen name, who was an absolute NIGHTMARE.

Oh no!! Well that's not good :eek: Dassy and dasser are just two nicknames from high school and I always use them as screen names lol I swear I'm not a nightmare (*usually*) :P

On another note, I feel like I met you at my interview...were you there in the morning on the second saturday (31st)?

Oh no!! Well that's not good :eek: Dassy and dasser are just two nicknames from high school and I always use them as screen names lol I swear I'm not a nightmare (*usually*) :P

On another note, I feel like I met you at my interview...were you there in the morning on the second saturday (31st)?

Hmmmmm, maybe, maybe not? *mysterious*

So I'm hoping that some movement will start again tomorrow or Friday...after the deadline for the waitlist acceptances has passed. Anybody else here left except me and kidslit??

I'm still here...but as the days go by, I'm checking the forum less and less and working on American apps and what I'm going to do next year more.

Hey fellow waitlisters... just thought I'd check in and see if anyone had been checking the Windsor fb to see if its pretty much filled.. certainly getting to that point where its time to turn to other prospects. I would sure like to understand why there was such little wait list movement at all the schools... does that just mean that everyone got their first choice and very few people got multiple offers? Otherwise it doesn't make sense...:confused:

Hey fellow waitlisters... just thought I'd check in and see if anyone had been checking the Windsor fb to see if its pretty much filled.. certainly getting to that point where its time to turn to other prospects. I would sure like to understand why there was such little wait list movement at all the schools... does that just mean that everyone got their first choice and very few people got multiple offers? Otherwise it doesn't make sense...:confused:

It is interesting to see. However the waitlist movement was not uniform across all schools. Those who were initially offered acceptance at Western and Toronto generally have a high probability of accepting those offers, thus minimal waitlist movement. On the other hand it looks as though Mac had ALOT of waitlist movement (which isnt that unusual :P ).

And yes, a possible explanation for an OVERALL decrease in waitlist movement accross the majority of schools could be explained by the fact that more people only got 1 offer of admission. This could be because Medical school applicants are now being more picky about what schools they apply for....ie. rather than applying to all 6 Ontario universities, applicants are limiting their applications to maybe 2 or 3 for whatever reason; perhaps because they know they dont meet the cutoffs or prerequisites for the other schools' programs.

And yes, a possible explanation for an OVERALL decrease in waitlist movement accross the majority of schools could be explained by the fact that more people only got 1 offer of admission. This could be because Medical school applicants are now being more picky about what schools they apply for....ie. rather than applying to all 6 Ontario universities, applicants are limiting their applications to maybe 2 or 3 for whatever reason; perhaps because they know they dont meet the cutoffs or prerequisites for the other schools' programs.

I feel like the cause of the overall decrease is actually on the side of the schools being very picky about the type of candidates they interview and ultimately select, such that very few people actually had multiple offers. It seems like this year, way more people (that i personally know) got one interview offer rather than multiple

I feel like the cause of the overall decrease is actually on the side of the schools being very picky about the type of candidates they interview and ultimately select, such that very few people actually had multiple offers. It seems like this year, way more people (that i personally know) got one interview offer rather than multiple

Good point. I know a bunch of people who only had one interview and were accepted this year.

This is a trend since last year and is happening in both Canada and USA.

I don't think applicants are being more selective. I think that the economy has lots to do with it and the fact that as years go on, there will be more applicants applying each year; those who are new and those who are re-applicants.

It is going to get worse and you really have to spend quality time to fill out those applications. The most important thing is to get an interview and prepare yourself for the MMI. Those are things you can control.

Good luck:)

I got the caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!! Received it at 1:22pm from Pam....for Windsor....I am shaking right now

Let me be the first (online person) to congratulate you!!! !:D :D :D Welcome to the family! :)

And so movement begins anew!

Let me be the first (online person) to congratulate you!!! !:D :D :D Welcome to the family! :)

And so movement begins anew!

Great news congrats!!!! so there is still room for more

Thank you guys ever so much!!! I am praying for good news for the rest of us waitlisters.

I got the caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!! Received it at 1:22pm from Pam....for Windsor....I am shaking right now

Wooohooo!! Congrats medpass!

Dassy, you're next!!!

Wooohooo!! Congrats medpass!

Dassy, you're next!!!

Guess we'll have to keep waiting, hopefully more news comes out this week :) On the plus side I just booked a trip to Ireland today, so I'm pretty happy (aka conning my Irish housemate to go visit home so that they can play tour guide for me :P)

Archived