Premed 101 Forums

2012 Waitlist Thread

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
High waitlist. Not sure what If I need to confirm if I want to stay on the waitlist until the 29th?

Last year it said in the email to advise them if you wanted to be removed off the waitlist, otherwise they'll keep you on it.

"Please reply to this email to indicate whether or not you wish your name to remain on the Wait List here at Western. We require this information no later than MAY 29, 2012. Should you choose to remain on the Wait List, please provide telephone numbers for both day and evening hours where you may be contacted (or have a message left for you)."

So e-mail them with your phone numbers

how do you know if you are on the regular or low wait list?? I was just told I was on the wait list.

Just the wording, low waitlist has "In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission.", while regular waitlist has ambiguous wording (or so I'm told).

Maybe rmorelan can help me here.. I'm on the regular wait list which isn't as dire as the low one, but in your experience do I have any chance at all, not being on the high one?

We do go through traditionally the high wait list every year and go into the regular wait list after that. So there is a chance - what the odds are unfortunately I cannot say - there are way too many variables, most of which are to do with other schools acceptances

So when do the wait list acceptances begin? Do we have quite a while until we hear anything?

a bit - people have to officially refuse acceptances. Traditionally before last year it was a min of 2 weeks but last year they started up faster than that. This year I am not sure!

What does the high wait list "look" like?

How do you know you are on it? I can't imagine they say, your odds are very good lol

"I regret to inform you that you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time. You have, however, earned a high position on our Wait List. Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List. In recent years, applicants in your position have received an offer of admission as the incoming Schulich Class of Medicine began to take shape."

Thats what is said for those in the High waitlist

Archived