Premed 101 Forums

2012 Waitlist Thread

I'm confident that there won't be any waitlist movement until after the 29th, but do you think we will have to wait until the 4th of June. I say that because those who got accepted to unspecified campus were told that they would be emailed about their location on June 4th. That would lead me to assume that waitlisters wouldnt be informed until the 4th aswell. Thoughts?

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In case anyone is confused jedimaster was conditionally accepted but didn't quite have the required GPA in the required second year ( this is public forum knowledge). The next time around that was corrected to the collective joy of all and now we have a jedi in the class :)

Haha, I'm guessing this is where the lightsabers came from at the interview sessions?

I'm confident that there won't be any waitlist movement until after the 29th, but do you think we will have to wait until the 4th of June. I say that because those who got accepted to unspecified campus were told that they would be emailed about their location on June 4th. That would lead me to assume that waitlisters wouldnt be informed until the 4th aswell. Thoughts?

June 4th is also on their blog. They might start to call after May 29th and give an unspecified campus acceptance. But if we don't hear back until later it actually wouldn't be a terrible thing, because then some people might accept other school's beforehand.

Signed, a desperately hopeful applicant lol

June 4th is also on their blog. They might start to call after May 29th and give an unspecified campus acceptance. But if we don't hear back until later it actually wouldn't be a terrible thing, because then some people might accept other school's beforehand.

Signed, a desperately hopeful applicant lol

I had the exact same thought process last year! The later Western called offering spaces, the more chance of people taking themselves off by accepting other offers.

I had the exact same thought process last year! The later Western called offering spaces, the more chance of people taking themselves off by accepting other offers.

Yeah it is an interesting situation for the school - offer them sooner and in theory you might be able to scoop good people from going to other schools, but then you have get your act together faster and that is hard to do. Offer them later and odds are you well already have some moved over to other schools but of course those left on the wait list are quite happy about that.

Haha, I'm guessing this is where the lightsabers came from at the interview sessions?

ha! Actually no - those came from me. I did give one to jedimaster though as it just seemed so wrong for a jedi not to have a lightsaber :) The purple once is now in the hands of the 2015 class president and the other blue one with jedimaster.

One of the great things about being in medical school is you can sometimes just get silly with things that interest you. Personally I find playing with swords fun!

Hey guys and gals,

on my wait list response email I didn't mention my OMSAS ID (I don't think it was even mentioned in the email either). I did give them my name however, and they can see my email too...will they still be able to access my file and add my contact info?

Yeah, they didn't ask for my OMSAS ID either. So I didn't mention mine in my reply email. I wouldn't worry about it.

If they really wanted it they would ask for it. They are usually careful about those sort of things.

Hey guys and gals,

on my wait list response email I didn't mention my OMSAS ID (I don't think it was even mentioned in the email either). I did give them my name however, and they can see my email too...will they still be able to access my file and add my contact info?

I didn't give mine either, so don't worry about it. I was thinking of including it when I was writing the email, but I thought that since my name was unique it would be the only one on the list :P If they can't find you they'll email again for your OMSAS id I'm sure :)

I didn't give mine either, so don't worry about it. I was thinking of including it when I was writing the email, but I thought that since my name was unique it would be the only one on the list :P If they can't find you they'll email again for your OMSAS id I'm sure :)

absolutely :)

Yeah - I wouldn't worry about the OMSAS id. If they want you, they will find you :)

http://i.imgur.com/WLeQA.gif

The wait for the regular waitlist movement or any waitlist movement is killing me. I wish they would give some indication of where you ranked on the list. Is there any stats on how much they dip into the regular waitlist. I think I read somewhere that in previous years it has been anywhere from 49 - 77 people, but I can't remember where. This is such a frustrating process because basically 75% of it is waiting and out of your hands

The wait for the regular waitlist movement or any waitlist movement is killing me. I wish they would give some indication of where you ranked on the list. Is there any stats on how much they dip into the regular waitlist. I think I read somewhere that in previous years it has been anywhere from 49 - 77 people, but I can't remember where. This is such a frustrating process because basically 75% of it is waiting and out of your hands

You can find those numbers online http://www.afmc.ca/pdf/2012_ad_bk.pdf

From 2005 to 2008 the number of declined offers were: 64, 60, 77, 49. But these numbers don't include the people who removed themselves from the waitlists. So it may be slightly higher.

Just to let you other wait listers know that I got a confirmation email from the admissions office today in regards to my contact information. In the email they also asked for my OMSAS #.

I'm mentioning this because earlier we were discussing whether or not we had to include our OMSAS numbers.

Just to let you other wait listers know that I got a confirmation email from the admissions office today in regards to my contact information. In the email they also asked for my OMSAS #.

I'm mentioning this because earlier we were discussing whether or not we had to include our OMSAS numbers.

Yep. So did I. For a second when I saw that it was an email from Schulich, I thought it was going to say that they had made a mistake in putting me on the waitlist and I was actually accepted. lol

Got one as well...super glad that I checked these forums before my email. Would have had a heart attack lol Did everyone else's just say "Thank you for your email. We will keep this on file. Please give us your OMSAS # which is in the following format 2012-8xxxxx."

Got one as well...super glad that I checked these forums before my email. Would have had a heart attack lol Did everyone else's just say "Thank you for your email. We will keep this on file. Please give us your OMSAS # which is in the following format 2012-8xxxxx."

Yup. We all got the same thing.

Here's to more waiting guys! But hopefully it means that they have such a significant waitlist movement that they don't want to do it manually ;)

Here's to more waiting guys! But hopefully it means that they have such a significant waitlist movement that they don't want to do it manually ;)

Or the opposite, that there are too many people on the waitlist for them to do it manually :P Don't know why I'm so pessimistic lately lol I need to be more like you obi!

Amen to that! I am normally realistic but sometimes a good dose of optimism helps get me through periods of angst and worry

Archived