Premed 101 Forums

2012 Waitlist Thread

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems like there are more people on the high wait-list than the normal or low waitlist.

Btw ...I am on the normal waitlist

those on the high waitlist may be more likely to post on these forums for whatever reason (maybe more excited or whatever)

but generally the high waitlist is conservative in number because Western does not want to lead people on, and end up not accepting them.

The majority of those waitlisted fall into the Normal waitlist

My message looks like this. Is this the normal waitlist?

"I regret to inform you that you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time. It was recommended, however, that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by an individual from the Wait List.

You should be advised that our policy does not permit us to release any information concerning the rank order or any other information regarding the Wait List. It would be appreciated if you would refrain from calling the office with any telephone inquiries of this nature."

Seems kinda strange that they say they cannot release information concerning rank order or any other info...

My message looks like this. Is this the normal waitlist?

"I regret to inform you that you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time. It was recommended, however, that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by an individual from the Wait List.

You should be advised that our policy does not permit us to release any information concerning the rank order or any other information regarding the Wait List. It would be appreciated if you would refrain from calling the office with any telephone inquiries of this nature."

Seems kinda strange that they say they cannot release information concerning rank order or any other info...

yes, that is the normal waitlist

those on the high waitlist may be more likely to post on these forums for whatever reason (maybe more excited or whatever)

but generally the high waitlist is conservative in number because Western does not want to lead people on, and end up not accepting them.

The majority of those waitlisted fall into the Normal waitlist

Yeah, there's a minority of people posting on these forums and are not at all representative of the actual number. In previous years, UWO has accepted off the normal waiting list. I wish they'd give you your rank so you can be as informed as possible of your chances instead of keeping your phone on you at all times. :P

Regular waitlisted here. Strange, since I thought Western was my worst interview but I got regrets from the schools I thought I did well at.

But those here will be happy to know that I'm withdrawing from the waitlist.

Good luck to everyone!

Do we just order our transcripts from OMSAS the same way we did the first time around?

Also people, have been saying that the high priority wait list seems to get accepted at western because they have consistantly dipped into the normal wait list for admissions, is this true?

Does anyone ever get into the London campus after being on the regular waitlist?

It is possible but unlikely just because of the person's ultimate rank I guess and there is a big chunk of the class that ultimately is in Windsor - 25% of the class is there.

Do we just order our transcripts from OMSAS the same way we did the first time around?

Also people, have been saying that the high priority wait list seems to get accepted at western because they have consistantly dipped into the normal wait list for admissions, is this true?

You can order your transcript from the OMSAS application website.

And yes, for as long as Western has had a high waitlist, they have consistently exhausted the high waitlist and dipped into the normal wait list.

Wow really? thats great news, i feel way better about this now. thanks

It's at the point now where are High waitlist status is practically an offer of admission. Obviously they can't guarantee that, but it is as close to a guarantee as you will get at an Ontario medical school.

I take it people on the wait list still send in transcripts? Could someone verify this?

If so, should we wait until it says that our degree/certificate has been conferred (around mid June), or do we go ahead and send them in now before the conferred date?

You submit your transcript when you accept your offer on OMSAS if I remember correctly. Looking back on my emails from last year, I requested my transcript on OMSAS on the day I accepted the offer off the (normal) waitlist.

Such an emotional roller-coaster of a day...can't imagine how the next few weeks-months are going to be like. All I can think of is how I want to go to Western so badly, and I really hope my (and all of our) dreams come true.

Such an emotional roller-coaster of a day...can't imagine how the next few weeks-months are going to be like. All I can think of is how I want to go to Western so badly, and I really hope my (and all of our) dreams come true.

I felt the exact same way as you last year... take a few days to pick yourself up and don't lost hope. At the same time start coming up with a plan B if you haven't already.

I felt the exact same way as you last year... take a few days to pick yourself and don't lost hope. At the same time start coming up with a plan B if you haven't already.

Was accepted back to UofT grad school for molecular genetics back in February...so I've had my plan b planned for quite a while lol I just really don't want to go!

You can order your transcript from the OMSAS application website.

And yes, for as long as Western has had a high waitlist, they have consistently exhausted the high waitlist and dipped into the normal wait list.

Hey rmorelan can you add some confirmation to this statement?

Archived