Premed 101 Forums

Med backpacks!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True - my backpack actually looks reasonable despite the fact that I wore it for months while biking in the rain without a mud guard and that I take it everywhere including on filthy buses and trains.

Some people have such pristine backpacks - I've seen a few 2012s whose backpacks look BRAND new. Not sure if they were replaced or if they're just cleaner people than I am :rolleyes:

dry cleaning.

yeah seriously :)

it depends where you go I guess. if you did UG at a school with no med school then you'd probably have no idea. I just noticed in first year that a lot of people had these identical looking bags (and not that swiss gear one from costco haha)
True. I had no idea that there were backpacks until someone I know got into med school and told me about them.

it depends where you go I guess. if you did UG at a school with no med school then you'd probably have no idea. I just noticed in first year that a lot of people had these identical looking bags (and not that swiss gear one from costco haha)

I went to UofT but I still didn't notice :) Maybe the campus is just too big to recognize identical backpacks.

I went to UofT but I still didn't notice :) Maybe the campus is just too big to recognize identical backpacks.

Quite possible :) you may have not run into one of the pack of med students - also they had their own bag there for while (do they still?)

Quite possible :) you may have not run into one of the pack of med students - also they had their own bag there for while (do they still?)

That was just the (current) third years...but they eventually got the MD financial backpack later in the year (they really wanted them!)

Don't worry, UofT students still get the backpacks :)

That was just the (current) third years...but they eventually got the MD financial backpack later in the year (they really wanted them!)

Don't worry, UofT students still get the backpacks :)

Oh I knew they had both :) I just wasn't sure which of the two bags most actually ended up with!

I had no idea we got backpacks until a few days before school started (heard about them on PM101).

I'm pretty happy with the backpack we have. The blue is quite nice, and there are loads of pockets for me to put stuff in. I'll admit, I do feel a little bit silly when we are all standing around the med school with our identical backpacks, but free nice backpack > looking a tiny bit silly.

I had no idea we got backpacks until a few days before school started (heard about them on PM101).

I'm pretty happy with the backpack we have. The blue is quite nice, and there are loads of pockets for me to put stuff in. I'll admit, I do feel a little bit silly when we are all standing around the med school with our identical backpacks, but free nice backpack > looking a tiny bit silly.

Yeah when we start to travel in packs I feel a little absurd, or when we are at an exam and there's just this huge HEAP of blue backpacks against the wall.

Also I can't count the number of times I've reached down and accidentally dipped my hand into someone else's back and wondered why I can't find my whatever in there.

Yeah when we start to travel in packs I feel a little absurd, or when we are at an exam and there's just this huge HEAP of blue backpacks against the wall.

Also I can't count the number of times I've reached down and accidentally dipped my hand into someone else's back and wondered why I can't find my whatever in there.

Done that - took the wrong bag twice. Oops! :)

That's why you have to add a piece of flair to your bag.

I have a bunch of Super Mario Galaxy charms dangling from mine - got them from a machine in the mall. That helps from the front but sometimes when there's a massive pile I still end up with the wrong one.

Archived