Premed 101 Forums

Med backpacks!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah. If it came with an unlimited pass for Taco Bell, people wouldn't like them as much.

:P

I would hoard all the passes for myself!!! (and taco bell adoring family and friends)

I personally won't be using the backpack....I like the bookbag I have already. And the less people who know I'm a physician the better.....I'm already getting unsolicited "does this mole look okay" "or this drug is making me feel funny" when I haven't even started yet... even from random people who only know of me at the hospital I work at.

I'm not a big fan of people who show off that they are in meds 24/7 i.e. constantly wearing meds clothing / backpack / wears their lab coats outside with steth. Its cool that we are in meds but it doesn't define who I am every day...I mean yes I'm proud of my career and proud that I got into medical school as it took a lot of effort, but I don't need to flaunt it.

I only need to flaunt my Taco Bell chalupa to make others jealous :D (yes I love Taco Bell)

I would hoard all the passes for myself!!! (and taco bell adoring family and friends)

I personally won't be using the backpack....I like the bookbag I have already. And the less people who know I'm a physician the better.....I'm already getting unsolicited "does this mole look okay" "or this drug is making me feel funny" when I haven't even started yet... even from random people who only know of me at the hospital I work at.

I'm not a big fan of people who show off that they are in meds 24/7 i.e. constantly wearing meds clothing / backpack / wears their lab coats outside with steth. Its cool that we are in meds but it doesn't define who I am every day...I mean yes I'm proud of my career and proud that I got into medical school as it took a lot of effort, but I don't need to flaunt it.

I only need to flaunt my Taco Bell chalupa to make others jealous :D (yes I love Taco Bell)

See, the thing I like about the backpacks is - most people I encounter don't know what they mean. I didn't even know they existed until after I got in. So I don't really feel like I'm flaunting, just like I'm part of something. But then, I tend to enjoy conformity in some contexts.

See, the thing I like about the backpacks is - most people I encounter don't know what they mean. I didn't even know they existed until after I got in. So I don't really feel like I'm flaunting, just like I'm part of something. But then, I tend to enjoy conformity in some contexts.

ha! For me it was just good timing - my UG bag fell apart and hey here is a new pretty solidly put together bag. Nice bonus.

of course I was from Waterloo where there was no medical school. I never heard of these bags before I got here :)

I know! Some of the UWO 2012s have the world's cleanest backpacks. Way cleaner than mine which is a mess from months of biking in the rain without a mud guard.

well......some people dry clean them every once in a while.

Yeah they are that serious about the bag :)

(of course the particular person in question may just be really neat instead)

LOL. It's just a bag bro (and a pretty nice FREE bag at that). If people are going to be pissy about you rockin the bag, then let them cry about it. I hope you don't really think that using an MDFinancial bag 'defines who you are'.

LOL. It's just a bag bro (and a pretty nice FREE bag at that). If people are going to be pissy about you rockin the bag, then let them cry about it. I hope you don't really think that using an MDFinancial bag 'defines who you are'.

I think for some people it does "define who they are" i.e. it is a piece of swag that they can immediately be identified as "the chosen medical student"... I know a few medical students at Western who would rather die than be without their backpacks to flaunt in Nat Sci to all the admiring premeds there....

Archived