Premed 101 Forums

Hours of class/day

3 hours only?

Yep! We have one day free and one day with 6 hours of school, but every other day we usually have 3 hours of school. Sometimes we have one more 3 3hrs lecture and we have to go to the simulation center once a month (3 hrs), but we usually have a lot of free time!

• 2 weeks later...

NOSM

Year 1

Monday: Small group learning (4 hrs)

Tuesday: CIL- Inter-professional learning either with some type of doctor or nurse, physio, or group- like cardiac rehab (3 hrs)

Wednesday- Our ONE lecture per week lol (3 hrs)

Thursday - SCS - structured clinical skills 4 students per doctor for 3 hours learning history taking and exams + 2 hours small group learning (5hrs)

Friday- Weekly Lab either anatomy, path, diagnostic imaging, or skills like suturing, lumbar puncture etc. (3 hrs)

Year 2:

Monday - same as above

Tuesday - SCS (3 hrs)

Wednesday - Lecture + Lab (6 hrs)

Thursday - I have it free because I am doing project others are doing 3 hrs CIL

Friday - Off

It is very self directed. Hated it at first because I realized the typical lecture and exam curriculum did not give me the skills or discipline I needed to decide what to study or create plans for self study. Grateful now because I realized I recall a lot months afterwards vs. the study lectures for tests approach because you are lacking time to study outside of those topics. That being said it is pretty brutal at first trying to make yourself study even though you feel like you are keeping up...

Archived