Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verbal reasoning note to self #1: Every time a sentence starts with "obviously".......

Not fair, that pretty much happens on a daily basis and as sad as it is, the reality is that it's basically expected to happen. This on the other hand.... doesn't really happen all that often.

Suicide bombing are expected to happen to the extent that they are now because of the Iraq war. Regardless of whether it happens often or not in the U.S. is irrelevant. Loss of civilian life is unfortunate in both circumstances. but in many cases some people place an American or Canadian life at a higher standard.

If people are outraged by what happened in Boston, shouldn't they be equally as outraged by the countless drone strikes in the Middle East?

Either way I was trying to make a point and don't want to politicize this thread.

My heart goes out to those in Boston and Iraq.

drives me nuts when people say this when some sort of tragedy occurs ...

yes ppl die and tragedies happen all around the world every day, some choose to grieve about this than others, and some are affected more by this than others. get over it.. :mad:

Easy for you to say.

Today, my mom tried to set me up with her friend's son, insisting that I need to get out more and meet people - aka guys. Awkward and unnecessary. While she is huffing and puffing that I'll never get married (I've been single the better part of 2 years, by choice), Dad is like "MUAHAH THE TACTICS ARE WORKING!"

Parents can be strange, good thing the rent is free.

lmao. My mom is the same way, except she is worried that I won't be having kids till I am 35. My girlfriends in the Radiation Therapy Program at McMaster and ..well time isn't on our side :o

Parents. Luckily, my mother didn't have me until she was almost 40, so I have a fair few years before baby pressure.

Well, no surprise, my exam today was my toughest one. A bunch of the questions from the sample exam the prof posted were repeated on our final, so that was nice. :) Assuming I got everything wrong that I was unsure of, but assuming I didn't mess up anything I think I answered correctly, I'll still end up with 85 in the course, just enough for an A. And if I did much worse than I expected, it will be an A-, so still not too bad in terms of GPA.

One more exam to go! Unfortunately it's an evening exam tomorrow - I hate evening exams. Blah. Oh well, at least it means I have all day to review my notes.

I hope everyone is doing well, and not going too crazy!

Anybody else been neglecting working out during finals and feel like this too?

You shouldn't stop working out during finals! It helps with energy, memory, concentration, stress relief, etc.

I still go to the gym, teach fitness classes and go for runs. I am SO much more productive when I come back from a workout. Well worth it, for me, to take the time to go work out, then come back to studying refreshed and with a clear mind. Much more effective than just plowing straight through with no breaks.

And although I don't personally do this, I know people who record their study notes and then listen to them while they go for a run, so they are able to keep studying while working out. That wouldn't work for me, as my runs are my study breaks and stress relief, but it does work for some people.

Looks like the 4 seats for Islanders at MUN may be going poof.

This does not bode well for my chances of getting in. There are only ten seats for islanders between MUN and Dal as of now.

For Ontario, there is one med school seat for every 14,000 people.

This move would reduce Islanders chances from about equal to 1 seat for every 24,000. It would nearly cut our chances in half.

The PEI government making yet another short sighted move that isn't going to do a damn thing to bring us more doctors.

Hah. I just went and worked out the ratio of med school seats to population for each province.

Rough numbers, but here you go, as a measure of comparison.

Ontario: 1 med school seat to every 13,900 population

Quebec: 1:10,800

Manitoba: 1:10,900

Alberta: 1:9,500

BC: 1:14,700

New Brunswick: 1:18,700

Nova Scotia: 1:14,600

Newfoundland: 1:8,600

PEI: currently 1:14,100. If changes are made, 1:23,500

Archived