Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

hmm..is applecare+ worth it?

I've definitely gotten my use out of it both times I've had it (aside from the time that I stupidly/drunkenly lost my phone at a bar). They have replaced my phones with bad battery life, frayed power cords, and blown earphones with only a few questions asked. Also covers me calling and nagging Apple when something stops working.

Some stores (ie. Future shop) also have warranties that are pretty legit. I think it's just a matter of finding what would suit you best. I probably wouldn't go without some kind of extra coverage, but that's just my thoughts when I buy a phone worth a couple hundred bucks.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I should join a crossfit "gym" this september (very expensive but close to home and seems pretty cool) or join a master swim club + start spinning again and start training for a triathlon. (I wanted it since years, cheaper but I'm shy to join the swim club since I haven't swim seriously since a few years and I will be the slowest :/)

Decision, decision.. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about to start my first year of sciences, and I can't help but excessively analyze every minor detail of the coming semester. Down to the dimensions of my notebooks in respect to desk sizes, ideal seating position in lectures halls, and exactly how much time I'll spend studying a night. I would postulate that these are common concerns, and that my hands made idle by summer are indeed the devils workshop; the only product being my anxiety.

As I'm on campus everyday, it's hard to contain my excitement. I just can't wait for school to start, and I hope I do well.

Just scored pretty high on a practice MCAT. Here's hoping I can replicate that performance on the 22nd. :)

Pretty strange to think that pretty soon I'll have my MCAT written, my letters and ABS ready, and will actually be applying. I've been working toward this for so long I started to wonder if it would ever really happen, but bam, here it is. Feels good man.

Just scored pretty high on a practice MCAT. Here's hoping I can replicate that performance on the 22nd. :)

Pretty strange to think that pretty soon I'll have my MCAT written, my letters and ABS ready, and will actually be applying. I've been working toward this for so long I started to wonder if it would ever really happen, but bam, here it is. Feels good man.

Hey, congrats on the practice MCAT!

I remember that feeling - you work so hard and then finally, you're applying. Great job, and best of luck!

I'm now on two weeks vacation before the fall semester starts! Wrote the final exam for my online summer public health course on Friday, and now I just have to wait for my mark.

Trying to decide which distance course to pick up for the fall semester:

- Food science - has a 45% final, has peer evaluations, topic semi-interesting

- Educational Communication course - no final, but lots of group work and the subject matter sounds really interesting

- Principles of Disease - 70% final :eek: - but really interesting subject matter: "A course designed for students with particular interests in nutrition and biology. The course presents basic concepts of disease in the cells, tissues, organs and fluids of the body. Emphasis will be on disease processes resulting from physical, toxic and microbiological and other causes." - has Robbins Basic Pathology as a text

I'm inclined to go with Principles of Disease, but the Educational Communication course also sounds really interesting. The Food Science course would contribute towards a "Certificate in Food Science" which could be potentially useful depending on where my career goes in the future.

Ah, decisions, decisions...

Good Morning. :)

Morning f_d! Does Robin Hood still grace is with his presence?

I'm now on two weeks vacation before the fall semester starts! Wrote the final exam for my online summer public health course on Friday, and now I just have to wait for my mark.

Trying to decide which distance course to pick up for the fall semester:

- Food science - has a 45% final, has peer evaluations, topic semi-interesting

- Educational Communication course - no final, but lots of group work and the subject matter sounds really interesting

- Principles of Disease - 70% final :eek: - but really interesting subject matter: "A course designed for students with particular interests in nutrition and biology. The course presents basic concepts of disease in the cells, tissues, organs and fluids of the body. Emphasis will be on disease processes resulting from physical, toxic and microbiological and other causes." - has Robbins Basic Pathology as a text

I'm inclined to go with Principles of Disease, but the Educational Communication course also sounds really interesting. The Food Science course would contribute towards a "Certificate in Food Science" which could be potentially useful depending on where my career goes in the future.

Ah, decisions, decisions...

Principles of disease sounds awesome. I want to take a course on cancer, but need to take 2 other less interesting courses to do so, sometimes you make sacrifices to get a little enjoyment! :)

Archived