Premed 101 Forums

Post-interview wait

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does everyone on the OOP waiting list also have the Immunization/Vaccination and the Basic Life Support Certificate requirements added to their Minerva?

Yep, I have those, along with Final Official Univ Transcript and Medicine Admissn Agreement Frm (with an "Upload" button next to it). I'm thinking the official acceptance email will probably give more directions about those

(Moved my reply from the Acceptance/Regrets/Waitlist thread)

My email states: "The Faculty of Medicine Admissions Committee has now completed its evaluation of Quebec Resident (Univ. Level) applications. Your candidacy in this category was carefully considered. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a position for the Fall 2013 MDCM & PhD program."

Am I to assume that I was also refused from the regular MDCM stream? Has anyone that applied to any of the dual degrees been accepted into the refular program?

Bummer. But congrats on those that made it!

hey guys, just wanna double check a few things, is everything all due by July 31 except the Medicine Admission Aggrement form? is there anything else that's missing?

ie

Basic Life Support Certif - July

Final Official Univ Transcript - july

Immunization/Vaccination Docs -july

Or is there anything else I need to do to confirm my registration besides just scanning the form and paying within 10 days?

I know i'm being a little panoroid but I just didn't wanna miss anything major since I am away in a different country right now.

In the pdf, there is a link for newly admitted students, with all the details of what must be done next. There is also the link to the conditions of admissions pdf which we must submit to make our acceptance final.

Thanks

Do you guys know if we send the final transcripts to the same place we just sent the official transcript to after the interview? I already graduated so my transcripts won't change....

Also, on the link, it says Upload a copy of your certificate to the item on your checklist for the life saving certificate. But I dont see an upload function in my checklist on minerva, I only see one for the agreement form. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

In the pdf, there is a link for newly admitted students, with all the details of what must be done next. There is also the link to the conditions of admissions pdf which we must submit to make our acceptance final.

Thanks! Is that all we will be getting from McGill? No package or snail letter or anything? I am away so I just don't want to miss anything!

No that's it, I uploaded the maaf form, accepted the offer and paid the deposit. make sure you also join the facebook group for the 2017 class :D Congrats!

I have some questions too!...

How does it work for summers? Are we off?.. and I know it's a new curriculum in August, but at what time lectures usually start in the morning?

No that's it, I uploaded the maaf form, accepted the offer and paid the deposit. make sure you also join the facebook group for the 2017 class :D Congrats!

How does it work for summers? Are we off?.. and I know it's a new curriculum in August, but at what time lectures usually start in the morning?

Ohh I think it's early... Mr. Dansereau posted a schedule during the interview, it's kind of like high school again. But we have an hour off for lunch THE SAME TIME EVERYDAY :eek:!

Yeah! back to high school :P and you don't know about summer sked? do you know about the actual curriculum?

Hey man, this is actually a great and very detailed overview of it. It's for the old curriculum, but I think the summers are most likely the same set up.

http://www.medicine.mcgill.ca/ugme/curriculum/PDF/cc_schema.pdf

For the actual curriculum itself, here's a presentation one of my friends linked me to: http://bcooltv.mcgill.ca/Viewer2/?rid=622ccda7-7137-4610-9c01-ec6f705801c3.

Thanks! looking forward to meeting all of you!

As for the immunization, transcripts, and ceritificate? do you guys know if we are suppose the mail it in or upload it somehow?

Archived