Premed 101 Forums

Post-interview wait

rgol1988, I don’t think this would be fair. I hope that McGill applies basic and fair standardization within their admission process. Why would someone from Qc with a phd (that did its prereqs in cegep) be in a better or different position than someone with a phd that did its prereqs at U-level in Ontario or US... or anyone that does not have a phd. What do you mean by iffy?

Plus, I find that some of the prereqs (thinking of physics, and org) were difficult and challenging, more challenging than many 4th-year classes that I did!

My 2 cents.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rgol1988, I don’t think this would be fair. I hope that McGill applies basic and fair standardization within their admission process. Why would someone from Qc with a phd (that did its prereqs in cegep) be in a better or different position than someone with a phd that did its prereqs at U-level in Ontario or US... or anyone that does not have a phd. What do you mean by iffy?

Plus, I find that some of the prereqs (thinking of physics, and org) were difficult and challenging, more challenging than many 4th-year classes that I did!

My 2 cents.

i wrote iffy because i remember him saying to take the 20% pre-req weighing with a "Grain of salt". Whatever they do, im sure it will be fair for all

Just to add, last year the final results came out the night of March 10th, around 10:30pm.

They released final invites on March 10th last year with a similar interview sked, so one can always hope they are done earlier than March 22th :cool:

Just to add, last year the final results came out the night of March 10th, around 10:30pm.

I remember on the interview, someone asked when we would hear back. Michael said they are aiming for the 22nd but don't hold them to that coz it might be later. So I doubt it will be earlier...I wonder why it's longer this year since last year's interview dates were around the same time

I remember on the interview, someone asked when we would hear back. Michael said they are aiming for the 22nd but don't hold them to that coz it might be later. So I doubt it will be earlier...I wonder why it's longer this year since last year's interview dates were around the same time

Last year the interviews were held one week earlier (Feb18), so I guess March 22nd this year would be just about right, give or take a few days.

For those who consented to the research...

Did your heart also start racing when you got the email "M³I Feedback // Demande de vos commentaires du M³I‏"? :eek:

(This is going to be a long week.)

Yeah, I was like... MMI feedback.... this cannot be any good.

i wrote iffy because i remember him saying to take the 20% pre-req weighing with a "Grain of salt". Whatever they do, im sure it will be fair for all

well, it could be just because the sources for the Pre-Req score are many and difficult to compare:

-CEGEP R Score or percentage

-University GPA

-MCAT

Everybody seemed happy when I left the interview, and I am also decently happy about my performance, although I could have been (much) better at one of the station.

So, It's really hard to predict what's gonna happen. :eek:

I was impressed with the whole process, and McGill is now my first choice.

Everybody seemed happy when I left the interview, and I am also decently happy about my performance, although I could have been (much) better at one of the station.

So, It's really hard to predict what's gonna happen. :eek:

I was impressed with the whole process, and McGill is now my first choice.

^ Exactly how I feel!!

Hi everyone. From what I can remember, McGill is supposed to give out their offers on March 22nd, but I couldn't find this date anywhere on the website. Can someone confirm that date for me?

This is what Michel Dansereau communicated after the MMIs. Hopefully, we all get a reply before the weekend. Good luck everyone :)

Archived