Premed 101 Forums

May 15th Support thread

Most schools avoid placing interviewees with interviewers they have met before; this is to avoid any possible biases. I know that MUN's pannel interview is set up that way. Also, selection committees are set up in a similar manner. We have all heard of those applciants who sue the school because they got rejected, but felt like they were better than someone's child who got in. That someone having something to do with admissions

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Normally the first impression is more impressive,good or not. Imaging will he change his comment when meeting you again?

Noooooo way I am one of those people who gets better looking year after year. He was undoubtedly impressed by this fact. Bam accepted. :)

I am sure this person did not even remember that I interviewed last year. I mean I am important and all that but it has been a year and while it was an important moment for me, from his perspective he interviewed a lot of people that day. I did score above average on my interview but I don't think my answer to that station was entirely unique. I actually think I answered his years question at that station better? Anyway, even if he was slightly more impressed with me last year I am sure that encounter did not seriously impact the score of my overall interview, after all that is why they made the MMI to begin with eh?

Murphy: do you know if the interviewers are the same each year, or some of them are the same to previous years? You had been gone through several year's interview,so may have some idea.

they have this info publically posted on their website. The interviewers are volunteers, some people come back to do interviews again and some only do it one time...my guess is that they probably won't remember you because they see many more applicants than applicants see interviewers, not sure if they deliberately attempt to make sure you dont see the same interviewer again. odds are quite unlikely that it would happen, but it wouldnt affect your chances

I don't know about everyone else, but I keep checking this forum 3-10x a day looking for some discussion about May 15th. Anyone else just need to talk about it lol. I was doing well and...now, I cannot keep my mind off of it. Good workouts though :)

It is getting to me because I know they are making decisions this month...

Yea, I check this think a lot as well... not post just check, read, re-read, and try really hard to keep busy.

One more month! :D

I wish I had studying to do right now. Just working as I wait. Admittedly, lately the time has started flying. I have started distracting myself by doing science for fun lol. Sitting in the ER volunteering thinking about how badly I want to go to medical school :) god I hope May 15th has good news for me.

I suggest you guys to do some MCAT after the final exam to forget about the May 15th big day.

Lol, I actually did this last year. I didn't think I would get an interview so I booked to re-write my MCAT for May 12th since I didn't want to forget the stuff I learned that year. I ended up getting an interview, but studying for my MCAT definitely made the wait fly by.

Anyone know that if you are accepted into a location that was, let's say, your 2nd choice, then were offered your 1st ranked choice later, do you have the option of declining the move? Or are you basically moved up your ranking list when spots open up without any opportunity to decline?

One of my friends was initially accepted into his third choice, then over the course of several weeks he was moved to his second, and later first choices. Just wondering if one felt so inclined they could stay at a spot that wasn't their top ranked choice initially.

Yes, you can! (I have been reading past blog posts from UBC haha). If you are offered your second choice spot and decide you want to stay there, just let the admissions office know and they will take you off the waitlist for the site you ranked as your first choice. You can also decline the offer if you forget/choose not to be removed from the waitlist and stick with your second choice.

Yes, you can! (I have been reading past blog posts from UBC haha). If you are offered your second choice spot and decide you want to stay there, just let the admissions office know and they will take you off the waitlist for the site you ranked as your first choice. You can also decline the offer if you forget/choose not to be removed from the waitlist and stick with your second choice.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. That was something I've been wondering for a while now, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. I've been reassessing my rankings a little, so nice to know I can opt out if I decide I'd rather stay in my 2nd or 3rd site (if things actually work out that way).

Everyone is told directly in the acceptance letter what site they are offered. Your offer is for a specific distributed site

Murphy,

Ask you an interesting question: a lot of applicants post their threads here with fake names (I guess). Will some of them recognize each other in the class after getting in?

Murphy,

Ask you an interesting question: a lot of applicants post their threads here with fake names (I guess). Will some of them recognize each other in the class after getting in?

No. People would never recognize you, unless... you were a legend like Kylamonkey. And many people have never heard of pm101. As for me, I am sort of an exception because I post a lot, and only after I told people my username on here will they maybe have heard of me. That was back in September, pm101 is a thing of the past for 99% of people, but I still have many friends in the pre-med struggle so I like to stay involved.

With that said there are many people that I talked to in threads on here who I did end up meeting in med school... only because they said what their usernames were after we became friends by chance.

Two weeks and two days! Good luck everyone the days have been flying for me now. Getting more nervous about it by the day. Somedays I feel like this year will finally be my year and other days I am thinking of ideas for alternate careers! Thank god there are people in these forums who have applied more time than me, any repeat applicants wonder how many cycles you can actually handle?

Archived