Premed 101 Forums

waitlist thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am turning down Ottawa's offer in hopes of getting into U of T (St. George). Come onnnn Toronto!

Even if this gamble pays off, there's still no guarantee that you'll get St. George. I suggest you reconsider doing this if you still haven't turned Ottawa down yet.

I think it also depends on how competitive the applicant is and how much they want to go to a certain school. I personally know 2 people who turned down offers last year because they wanted to go to UofT and they both ended up getting in off of UofT's waitlist. I also think UofT's waitlist moves a lot more than people on here say it moves :)

I think it also depends on how competitive the applicant is and how much they want to go to a certain school. I personally know 2 people who turned down offers last year because they wanted to go to UofT and they both ended up getting in off of UofT's waitlist. I also think UofT's waitlist moves a lot more than people on here say it moves :)

It's a lot harder to judge how competitive you are once you're on the waitlist. You're in the middle ~20-30% of interviewees and the difference between the top and the bottom is so small.

It's a lot harder to judge how competitive you are once you're on the waitlist. You're in the middle ~20-30% of interviewees and the difference between the top and the bottom is so small.

Good point. Still, I know people who took the chance and it worked out just fine.

Anyway, what have you guys been up to lately? Any fun things going on in Toronto I don't know about? :D

Toronto was my #1 from day 1. For next year, I'm going to take prereqs and apply OOP and States in addition to Toronto. It was a tough decision to make.

Sounds like you've thought it through completely and made up your mind.

Doesn't stop me from thinking you're insane though. :P Good luck!

Guest cw2lu
Toronto was my #1 from day 1. For next year, I'm going to take prereqs and apply OOP and States in addition to Toronto. It was a tough decision to make.

Now that is what I call dedication. Lots and lots of respect for you.

Did you already decline your offer from Ottawa? Quite gutsy I must say. I hope you get off the waitlist this year and don't have to do another application cycle.

Mind sharing why you're so stronghold on Toronto?

I love the city of Toronto and I can see myself being here for another 4 years, but not Ottawa. I would leave, however, to go to a bigger, warmer city. I'm also unsure about medicine, so I'd like to be in a place where a wide range and plenty of opportunities exist outside of medicine.

Did you already decline your offer from Ottawa? Quite gutsy I must say. I hope you get off the waitlist this year and don't have to do another application cycle.

I will be declining in the next couple of days.

I love the city of Toronto and I can see myself being here for another 4 years, but not Ottawa. I would leave, however, to go to a bigger, warmer city. I'm also unsure about medicine, so I'd like to be in a place where a wide range and plenty of opportunities exist outside of medicine.

I'm guessing this isn't what you said during your interviews :P

Here's my question though: Why did you even apply to Ottawa this year?

Archived