Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

U of T has this info posted on their admissions website

" Minimum scores of 9 in each of the three sections are required of all applicants.

Marks below these minimums will jeopardise the success of the application. The writing sample score will not be used in this cycle.

We use the MCAT as a flag only, and as such marks higher than the minimums do not improve the chances of the application. "

Hopefully this is helpful

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused as to why everyone is trying to decipher some complex algorithm that plainly doesn't exist. I think the best indicator of what to expect in terms of a successful pool would be to look at the group from last year. There were a whole range of stats posted last year: everything from a 3.3 GPA grad applicant to the 4.0 undergrad applicants.

Seems like everyone who've got invitation so far have >3.9 GPA....so i guess GPA plays a huge part in getting an interview offer. seeing my own GPA, i think i will have to wait for awhile before I hear anything (whether good or bad).... on the plus side, this does keep me from checking my e-mails 50 times a day....

I'm confused as to why everyone is trying to decipher some complex algorithm that plainly doesn't exist. I think the best indicator of what to expect in terms of a successful pool would be to look at the group from last year. There were a whole range of stats posted last year: everything from a 3.3 GPA grad applicant to the 4.0 undergrad applicants.

I second this! Everyone needs to take a deep breathe (myself included) and just be patient.

Hey Leon, since your working at the interview weekends, any idea how many applicants there are per interview day? (ie: how many are interviewed in a day)

I actually have no idea- I won't be getting the list of names until the morning of the interview so I can't comment on this atm. In fact, I may not even be able to comment on it after I do get the list- I'll ask Leslie at the time and let you guys know. I don't see any reason that this info would be asked to be kept confidential.

Just perusing the boards and noticed the lack (nonexistence) of invites for Feb 2nd. Do you think UofT has eliminated the date? Maybe not enough applications were evaluated to extend the required number of invitations within the short time frame, hence sending out March 1st invites instead?

No, there will be interviews on Feb 2 unless explicitly stated so by Admissions.

There are lots of deadlines involved here and there is no need to worry that Admissions is working slower than usual- they know how many applications to review in a given time period to keep the interviews on schedule.

This gives me some hope as my wGPA is about 3.71. But so far, there is no post that has GPA lower than 3.89.:(

Seems to me that the stats of those invited has increased drastically from last year. Maybe they have decided to weigh MCAT and GPA more heavily this year although it also seems like those posting invites also have stellar ECs.

Another possibility is that those with high GPA/MCAT who received an invite are more confident of their stats to post.

No point trying to draw any types of conclusion, unless that's what keeps you distracted ;)

Archived