Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This gives me some hope as my wGPA is about 3.71. But so far, there is no post that has GPA lower than 3.89.:(

I'm in an odd situation here. My OMSAS GPA for full time work is 3.72, but if you weigh it it's like 3.84. My transcript is kind of weird, but admissions said that they would weigh me based on what I told them over the phone. Still very anxiety inducing, though, since I'm not sure if they'll still not weigh me based on some technicality; I'm a little obsessive.

I heard somewhere that grad applicants are normally interviewed later than undergrads, is this true? Our files are quite a bit larger than the undergrad applicants (I filled out all 45 OMSAS entries and my grad CV is like 10 pages :( ). At very least, I'm giving someone a lot of work to do, which in and of itself feels like an accomplishment :D

Edit: I have another question!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm kind of getting lost in all the chatter -- how many more invite dates have they yet to email for? Have they yet to send out emails for Feb 2?

To all of you who have interviews this weekend and next - I highly HIGHLY recommend you go on the tour to the Mississauga Campus (MAM - Mississauga Academy of Medicine). There's a tour running on January 25th and February 2nd, both at 2 pm. A lot of students choose not to tour MAM, and upon getting into U of T, see MAM and say "If I had seen MAM before choosing my campus preference, I would have chosen MAM". There's lots of perks to being a MAM student - all of which you'll hear on the tour from some fabulous MAM students!! Also a great way to wind down after your interviews!

In the event that you get offers from 2 schools (e.g. MAM and another school), it also allows you to make an informed decision!

P.S. Informed decision = MAM :)

Just perusing the boards and noticed the lack (nonexistence) of invites for Feb 2nd. Do you think UofT has eliminated the date? Maybe not enough applications were evaluated to extend the required number of invitations within the short time frame, hence sending out March 1st invites instead?

I received an interview today for Feb 2nd, so they are out there!

To all of you who have interviews this weekend and next - I highly HIGHLY recommend you go on the tour to the Mississauga Campus (MAM - Mississauga Academy of Medicine). There's a tour running on January 25th and February 2nd, both at 2 pm. A lot of students choose not to tour MAM, and upon getting into U of T, see MAM and say "If I had seen MAM before choosing my campus preference, I would have chosen MAM". There's lots of perks to being a MAM student - all of which you'll hear on the tour from some fabulous MAM students!! Also a great way to wind down after your interviews!

In the event that you get offers from 2 schools (e.g. MAM and another school), it also allows you to make an informed decision!

P.S. Informed decision = MAM :)

A non biased opinion of course :P

Archived