Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I imagine they will for that exact reason.

I hope so! I have a midterm on the 31st, which is when I would have to leave if I had an interview, and I just looked up flights and they were $850 (they were 550 last week).

I do realize it would be a good problem to have, but still!

I hope so! I have a midterm on the 31st, which is when I would have to leave if I had an interview, and I just looked up flights and they were $850 (they were 550 last week).

I do realize it would be a good problem to have, but still!

Look again using incognito mode, or turn off your cookies. These companies realize that your much more likely to buy a trip/flight on your second visit to their site and thus up the price. (Worth a shot)

Look again using incognito mode, or turn off your cookies. These companies realize that your much more likely to buy a trip/flight on your second visit to their site and thus up the price. (Worth a shot)

I'll try that. When I'm booking a trip though, I often look 5 or so times and they price usually stays consistent.

Worth a try though, you are right!

Wow are you serious? I never even thought of trying this -.-"

Yup, I don't travel much but when I booked my flights to write the MCAT this summer it made a difference. The travel websites aren't dumb haha

Expecting invites to go out later this afternoon again, seems to be the trend.

Anyone else feel like the clumsy kid desperately hoping to get picked by one of the captains during recess softball?

Big difference is that I would be just as happy getting picked last as first for an interview (not so much so back during the recess soft ball games).

I feel like Kessel waiting to picked up at the all star game...of course, there's no guarantee I get picked, and I'm probably a better person overall than Phil Kessel :P

Just got a March 1 invite, even though they're apparently sending most invites out for Feb 1/2 right now... I think the reason is that I live in California and have to travel, so they do apparently take your geographic location into account when assigning interview dates.

Congrats! Thanks for letting us know that!

Just got a march invite. Can someone tell me what % of interviewed students get accepted roughly? 4.0 GPA/ 37 mcat btw if anyone was wondering. In province.

please post in the invites/regrets thread, if you don't mind.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-50% of interviewees get accepted.(259 seats+waitlist/550-600 interviewees)

Just got a march invite. Can someone tell me what % of interviewed students get accepted roughly? 4.0 GPA/ 37 mcat btw if anyone was wondering. In province.

http://www.md.utoronto.ca/admissions/statistics.htm

In 2013 they interviewed 587 people for 259 spots. This means about 44% of those interviews eventually enrolled. My guess is they probably make offers to around 50% of interviewees, as they must have had people who turned them down, but Toronto being at or near the top of most peoples' lists, probably has a very high yield (high percentage of people accepting their offer).

Archived