Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yah that's what I thought. Which is why Hockeynut really confused me.

I had no idea when the later dates were, so I'm happy to know now (so I thought that was helpful?)! I need to pace myself- if we don't hear from them soon, it doesn't mean an automatic rejection!

Worst case we have to wait a bit, but then if we get a no :( from Mac or another Ontario school (or other provinces) we can hope for a late interview from uoft :D

Yah that's what I thought. Which is why Hockeynut really confused me.

Hey sorry I didn't mean to confuse you, just trying to pass the time until I get an invite...or a rejection.

I would assume invites would start going out tomorrow for Feb 1/2. This being solely based on last weeks invites.

Hey sorry I didn't mean to confuse you, just trying to pass the time until I get an invite...or a rejection.

I would assume invites would start going out tomorrow for Feb 1/2. This being solely based on last weeks invites.

Awwww, I hope some are sent out today, that would make the rest of the week sooooo much better :D

I actually wonder about the patterns. Last year, I tried drawing all kinds of patterns but when I see how these offices kind of work, I don't think there is any real consistent pattern that you can follow...

Let me play the pessimist and and suggest that the only different between admissions this year and last is that the wait has started earlier this year, and will end just as far off and unexpectedly, with the same frustrations felt again by most applicants...

Luckily, it's U of T med we're talking about, so clearly the applicants they are selecting, and the process they are using to evaluate us has led to them being one of the top schools in canada.

Let me play the pessimist and and suggest that the only different between admissions this year and last is that the wait has started earlier this year, and will end just as far off and unexpectedly, with the same frustrations felt again by most applicants...

Luckily, it's U of T med we're talking about, so clearly the applicants they are selecting, and the process they are using to evaluate us has led to them being one of the top schools in canada.

Pessimist? Your signature depresses me too! :P

Seriously though, one small benefit of a longer wait is that even after other schools has said yes or no, we have uoft as a possibility

Guest Fresh_Underwear

Dropping in to wish everyone good luck, it's a long process I know. My invite for my interview date is during April, so I was put on the very last weekend of interview. Please be patient and try to spend time with other things important in your life. We're looking forward to meeting you guys come interview day :D

Dropping in to wish everyone good luck, it's a long process I know. My invite for my interview date is during April, so I was put on the very last weekend of interview. Please be patient and try to spend time with other things important in your life. We're looking forward to meeting you guys come interview day :D

I thought they only sent out inteview offers for Jan so far? You got one for April?

Guest Fresh_Underwear
I thought they only sent out inteview offers for Jan so far? You got one for April?

Hi sorry, I mean when I ended up receiving my interview (back in 2012), it wasn't until March that I got the news for an April interview. Back then I was already making plans for next year so I kinda threw my plan out the window. So I can appreciate that the wait is tough and unfair, but it's worth it in the end.

Archived