And if internet searches have left questions unanswered

Come to the events, and you will find yourself pampered

At the boulevard awaits coffee and tea delight

And on Sunday there’s the social mixer for more mingling at night

If you’re lost on campus or need a place to stay,

There are even tours, and med friends to help you along the way

So welcome to our family, we are glad you’re stopping by

We promise the refreshments wont be in short supply

Reminder to RSVP for some of the student organized events led by UBC's current medical students!

It is kind of hilarious. I'm sure they were trying to make us smile because they must know we're all tearing our hair out this time of year. Just any email with the word "Admissions" in the subject has been giving me a heart attack lately.

How many emails do you get with the subject admissions in the subject line? haha

OMG YES. I've been sending everything to my spam folder just so my phone vibrates less.

My phone is my nemesis right now, keeps vibrating and I check it and it's not an invite… I could send stuff to junk but I'm paranoid about sending an invite there by mistake (I know that wouldn't really happen but I'd be tempting the universe)

My phone is my nemesis right now, keeps vibrating and I check it and it's not an invite… I could send stuff to junk but I'm paranoid about sending an invite there by mistake (I know that wouldn't really happen but I'd be tempting the universe)

Everytime I've tempted the universe, it's always been particularly malicious to me, haha. I suggest not sending everything to junk since you could miss an Admissions e-mail that way. You'll probably acclimatize soon to the heart racing- you'll get used to it after a few weeks! I almost did last year but I was on a major roller coaster this time last year (initially rejected by Ottawa, couple weeks later offered interview, exactly one week later offered UofT interview - there was no time to get used to latency!)

The pain of waiting is a special kind of agony but all I can say is it's worth it on May 14. I applied twice so I'm all too familiar with how difficult this ride is for most.

Quite a few :( because I ticked that box when I took the MCAT so random schools (Vanderbilt, Duke (in Singapore) and Caribbean schools mostly) send me stock emails often. It is cruel.

hahaha this. I actually thought the american ones were legitimately because of my score but then I found out everyone gets them

To the 2018 hopefuls

Congratulations on coming this far

To be accepted for an interview,

Well, that means you are up to par!

And if internet searches have left questions unanswered

Come to the events, and you will find yourself pampered

At the boulevard awaits coffee and tea delight

And on Sunday there’s the social mixer for more mingling at night

If you’re lost on campus or need a place to stay,

There are even tours, and med friends to help you along the way

So welcome to our family, we are glad you’re stopping by

We promise the refreshments wont be in short supply

Reminder to RSVP for some of the student organized events led by UBC's current medical students!

ok that is funny :)

Archived