Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't believe the number of people who are still waiting. If there are 50-100 people viewing this thread at any given time, my estimate is that there are still hundreds of us out there :confused:

Holy crap you're right. 103 viewing! That makes it seem like there must closer to 1000 people waiting... Unless all the people who have already heard received emails are just interested in following our fate, haha.

Holy crap you're right. 103 viewing! That makes it seem like there must closer to 1000 people waiting... Unless all the people who have already heard received emails are just interested in following our fate, haha.

It can be an entertaining drama at times, although for those of us waiting, I wonder if it does more harm than good sometimes....

Doubt its 1000. Likely higher amount of viewers as UofT is the last to let us know our fate. Thus, people are more inclined to be viewing this page than earlier in the cycle. Also include loved ones as people viewing the thread.

I do think there are likely 500 or so candidates still waiting in the dark. Not sure what is causing the delay in rejections.

I have a friend who spoke to U of T admissions and I can confirm that there are ~1300 applicants still waiting to hear back!

Pretty much what I expected. At this point in the game I think it's fair to say they could send out 1000 rejections and still have plenty of people to fill their last few spots.

So that suggests to me that they haven't been dividing up the review pools evenly.

We surmised that if they have ~3500 applicants and 8 interview dates, that means that by now they should only have 438 applications left to review for the last interview date. But instead, there are 1300 applicants left??

So, if you were lucky and your file got reviewed first, then you had a greater probability of getting an interview, because you could have been in a pool with fewer people.

Wow. Now I know what all the ranting was about this morning.

Transparency is needed here. And I'm not sure how fair this process is.

So that suggests to me that they haven't been dividing up the review pools evenly.

We surmised that if they have ~3500 applicants and 8 interview dates, that means that by now they should only have 438 applications left to review for the last interview date. But instead, there are 1300 applicants left??

So, if you were lucky and your file got reviewed first, then you had a greater probability of getting an interview, because you could have been in a pool with fewer people.

Wow. Now I know what all the ranting was about this morning.

Transparency is needed here. And I'm not sure how fair this process is.

I'm not so sure about that reasoning. It's possible a huge number of the people left were in groups that were reviewed in February or even January, but are so close to the border for an interview that they're hanging on to them until the end just in case.

The admissions office doesn't release information such as remaining candidates. I'd be skeptical.

A friend of mine spoke to U of T Admissions. It is 100% legit. He was told there are ~1300 applicants who have not yet heard anything back from Leslie Taylor.

Archived