Premed 101 Forums

Second entry nursing 2014

nursing hopeful

I've gotten accepted to the nursing programs at York and Queens so far.

I received an offer to Queens Accelerated yesterday! I have to respond by march 15. Waiting to hear from western before I decide . But so excited!:)

That's really fast for Queen's! May I ask when you applied/submitted your PSE's and what mode of communication did they contact you with? Was it through email? I'm waiting to hear back from them as well.

Thanks.

Would appreciate to those who get accepted if you can post your GPA and which school you got accepted for the 2nd degree Nursing.

Thanks

I applied to and got accepted to York and Western. I had a 3.9 cGPA at the end of my degree. I'll be accepting the Western offer, can't wait to hear from my future classmates! :D Good luck to all those waiting to hear back!

im in the same boat. i'll probably accept queens and pay deposit for now (unsure how much that is). but apparently you can decline offer later if you get accepted at your preferred school instead. Lose the deposit tho.

My cgpa for undergrad was 3.61 so i was surprised to get offer but i also have 4.0 masters and lots of working in health care settings

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I got accepted to York and U of T with a 3.9 GPA. However, U of T is under the condition that I maintain a B+ average in my current year even though I have graduated last year and am only taking a few courses this year for my own good.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. I got an acceptance to Queens' AST Nursing problem a few months ago with a 3.6 GPA. Looking forward to studying with those who're going to Queens. All the best for those waiting to hear back from other schools!

• 10 months later...

Has anyone else heard from U of Toronto accelerated nursing? I applied but haven't heard anything. I know it says they can notify you anytime up until June 30. But just curious, if a lot of people have heard yet. 

I havent heard anything eigher, but I also have a pretty low GPA up until the fall semester of this academic year and the most horrible 3rd year (I am in 4th)...so I will be waiting for a long time until they can see my grades form winter semester

• 3 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, Queen's doesn't require a deposit if you accept their offer (until like, June or something, when a deposit is finally due). Last year, when I got the notification, I just accepted the offer, didn't have to pay anything, and then rescinded my acceptance when U of T offered me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived