Premed 101 Forums

2014 Backpack Colour

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they've stood by the votes in the past.

There was a lot of crying when the orange bags were released but it's grown on everyone by now. I imagine the process will be the same with the pink though it might take much longer to get used to them....

They should just go with a color that most people will be happy.

I feel like this is kind of a defeatist attitude. What good is it to please the majority if that decision is made for reasons that we agree are counterproductive to society? Granted, we're talking about backpack colour. But then, by the same token, it should be even easier to go against the norm on an issue as trivial as colour. ALTHOUGH, I concede that there are probably many who just legitimately don't like the colour pink, and it doesn't sound like it was a fair vote.

I'm all for pink though; I like the idea of something unique.

Of course. I've been trying to avoid overgeneralizing your statement.

I just can't help but consider the implication on real issues, like a minority's rights. I would hope we wouldn't be so resistant to change then just because a certain belief is currently held by the majority.

I guess what I mean is that I don't think the colour makes a difference to society, but that the thinking style could. And if we are so up-in-arms about this kind of trivial issue, that doesn't bode well for the important ones lol.

Archived