Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Party!

Guys I know it's painful being on waitlist, I kept checking several times a day myself (my dad kept checking too lol) and it was pretty painful not getting accepted day after day. But, it kept giving me hope that the waitlist is moving and my colleagues with similar stats as me are getting accepted. This reminded me that there is a still chance for me to get accepted too and helped me hang in there. Waitlist means that we are good enough to get accepted, but there isn't enough spots at the moment. Being on the waitlist is a great accomplishment on its own.

Your UWO signature is tripping me out. I thought you got accepted to Western since you interviewed there.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely not the only ones waiting. I don't know why I keep checking here. Every time there's more movement it's a punch in the gut. Congrats to those who got off the list!

I know exactly what you mean. :( I was having enough trouble sleeping the last few days but just hang in there, I really hope you hear good news!

I got accepted to the Hamilton campus today, and will be declining in favour of Queen's. So someone will be receiving good news soon :)!!

Despite the fact that it's unlikely I'll be the one to get this spot, this makes me happy. Congrats on Queens!

Waitlisters who have accepted their spot over SAM (ie sent a firm accept), have your things been processed yet? Mine hasn't, and I've seen some people posting on other forums about getting confirmation emails within a few hours (I accepted yesterday). Anyone else's not processing?

Those individuals probably accepted before 27th and avoided a traffic. They are done manually, not automatically. Give it some time.

lol I actually made it smaller than before, out of respect for the next sig that's gonna go there soon :P

Better be MacMED 2017

Fair enough, they're probably jammed up with SAM requests at the moment. I keep having this ridiculous idea that it'll change to "DENIED" and I'll receive a letter from Wendy Edge saying they sent out the acceptance to the wrong person.

ygella, what BioMed module are you in? Cool to see another UWO grad heading to Mac!

My guess is that they sent out the first wave of acceptances off of the waitlist and now they are going to wait and see how everyone responds in the 2 weeks time they are given. After that they are going to send out another wave of acceptances. That's my theory and I could be wrong, they might start accepting people again Monday, only time will tell, hang in there :)

Hey guys!

I've just received a phone call from Western, I will be accepting their offer on Monday and freeing up my Hamilton offer.

Hopefully one of you will move off the waitlist!

Good luck my friends!

Congrats!! Were you on the high waitlist?

Hey guys!

I've just received a phone call from Western, I will be accepting their offer on Monday and freeing up my Hamilton offer.

Hopefully one of you will move off the waitlist!

Good luck my friends!

for another school?

Great news for you....I was just curious as I thought the first accepted offer meant an applicant was removed from any existing wt lists?

accepted to Niagara campus ...three days ago on Friday.

phone hadn't been syncing e-mails, guess I turned it off by accident, and I hadn't checked the computer, LOL so bad...

so was pleasantly surprised when I found out this morning :)

VR 11

GPA - mid 3.6

(looking at those stats...honestly such a blessing that I'm so thankful for)

see some of you come august/September,

and good luck to those still waiting

phone hadn't been syncing e-mails, guess I turned it off by accident, and I hadn't checked the computer, LOL so bad...

VR 11

GPA - mid 3.6

Congrats! Make sure to join our NRC facebook group in addition to the general one:D

VR 11

GPA - mid 3.6

Looking forward to meeting you :)

I got an acceptance from mac last tuesday and the info had not been processed by the time I accepted Queens. They put a comment stating they had no info from McMaster meaning that you cannot decline waitlist spots on SAM. What this means is that you cannot decline waitlists, you just get removed onxe your acceptance is processed.

Archived