AQ (For those with regrets): 21.49

NAQ (For those with regrets): 33.70

TFR: 55.19

Rejected by the MD/PhD committee. Will be contacting them for an appeal 

TIME STAMP: 3:00
Result: Reject
GPA: 86.27
MCAT: 12/11/15 (38)
ECs: 2 years Research (multiple papers, inc 1st author), Sports, five years coaching, mutliple scholarships, ect.  Little volunteer work.
Early/Regular Deadline: Regular
Year: BSc. Dec 2014
Geography: IP

AQ (For those with regrets): 26.55

NAQ (For those with regrets): 23.33

TFR: 49.88

Need more cookie cutter NAQ activities I guess, since that's what UBC values over meaningful experience.

GPA: 83.9
MCAT: 29
ECs: lots of volunteering in and out of ubc 
Year: BSc 2015

AQ (For those with regrets): 23.05

NAQ (For those with regrets): 23.05

TFR: 46.01

how on earth do they calculate the NAQ

Time: 2:45pm

IP

GPA: 80.83

AGPA: 81.97

AQ=20.12 (Completed MSc, outside of Canada.  Thesis publication and project presentation, attained top 10% of class for my degree)

NAQ=25.27 (Pharmacy, lots of various volunteering, two jobs, sports and coaching, tutoring special needs, lots of hours)

TFR=45.39

MCAT=11/9/11 (Written thrice)

Early Deadline

Very disappointed in my NAQ score.  My AQ score I could do nothing more than upping it to 82% but I am almost sure that my varied experiences and unconventional activities would at least score me on par with what the invited students have.  But no.  

TIME STAMP: 5:43pm
GPA: 84.50
MCAT: 11/10/13 (34)
ECs: 2 years research (3 different labs), academic/research awards, local and international clinical experience, community work, emphasis on outreach/education 
Year: HBSc
Geography: OOP

AQ (For those with regrets): 23.90

NAQ (For those with regrets): 18.86

TFR: 42.76

Honestly, I'm surprised by the low NAQ. I'm also a bit confused at the GPA because this differs from my own calculation. Happy Monday..

To everyone receiving regrets - stay strong

I've been there five years in a row. If this is something you want, keep pursuing your goal. Figure out how to improve and do your best. It stings watching your peers succeed as you fall short but do not lose your drive/motivation if you are within grasp.

While decisions are going out, please be respectful of other people that may be receiving bad news. Also, keep in mind that rejections/invites are sent out in 'waves'. Thus, there could be rejections on any of the days this week.

Any idea if there could be more than one 'wave' / day ? If we still haven't been notified, doesn't mean we won't hear anything until at least tmrw?

Any idea if there could be more than one 'wave' / day ? If we still haven't been notified, doesn't mean we won't hear anything until at least tmrw?

There can certainly be more than one wave per day. I think last year's first day of rejections was 3 waves. The only reprieve is when the office is not open (4:30pm - 8am). 

It seems like people have different timestamps on their emails, so I would think that there are probably going to be more today. 

TIME STAMP: 5:43pm
GPA: 85.91
MCAT: 12/10/14 (36)
ECs: 2 years research (volunteer and paid), international student mentor, hospital volunteer, executive for two university clubs, community advisor in residence, orientation leader for first year students, teaching assistant in high school  
Year: fourth year undergrad
Geography: OOP

AQ (For those with regrets): 26.01

NAQ (For those with regrets): 14.29

TFR: 40.30

not really suprised...definitely need to work on the non-academic activities for next year, oh well.

Congrats to those who got an Invite! :)

TIME STAMP: 3:43pm (MDT)

GPA: 82.88

MCAT: 30

ECs: Lots of research, community work, and leadership

Early/Regular Deadline: Regulat

Year: BSc. May 2013

Geography: OOP (applied for MD/PhD)

AQ (For those with regrets): 21.49

NAQ (For those with regrets): 33.70

TFR: 55.19

Rejected by the MD/PhD committee. Will be contacting them for an appeal 

ishaquea, I'm on the same boat... MD/PhD applicant from OOP

Time Stamp: 5:42

aGPA: 87.68

MCAT: 31 (11/10/10)

ECs: I have done so much research, volunteered at various places (hospitals, summer camps, university mentorship...), received several large awards from my university (ranging from $700 to $6000). I really thought I had a good range of activities listed (filled all of the given slots with meaningful activities)

Year: BSc, last year of studies 

Geography: OOP (MD/PhD)

AQ: 28.65 

NAQ: 22.83

TFR: 51.48

I am very very confused about my NAQ score... I consider my extracurriculars to be the strongest part of my application and I ended up with a 22, which is way below the average accepted NAQ. This is so disappointing. I am scared for the rest of my IP applications :o

Who are you going to contact for an appeal? 

I think we have been rejected by the MD committee. They are the ones that review all MD and MD/PhD applications and only those that are successful in the MD application are then reviewed for the PhD portion. 

TIME STAMP: 5:42PM
GPA: 85.40 (86.42 adjusted)
MCAT: 12/9/10/N
ECs: A few long-term volunteer positions (5years, 5y, 3y, 2y), one publication, a couple posters at conferences, clinical research assistant working in emergency department (3years), competitive powerlifter(3-4 years), recreational basketball league organizer/participant (5years), executive on Grad Student Association.
Early/Regular Deadline: Early
Year: MSc in Biochemistry, done in April 2015
Geography: OP

NAQ (For those with regrets): 28.75

AQ (For those with regrets): 26.77

TFR: 55.52

Definitely thought my NAQ would have helped carry my low GPA, but obviously not.

TIME STAMP: 14:42

GPA: 83.55
MCAT: 8/10/14
ECs: Hospital volunteering, pianist, tennis, exec in several business clubs, TAing
Early/Regular Deadline: Regular deadline
Year: 4th year UG

NAQ (For those with regrets): 30.10

AQ (For those with regrets): 22.49

TFR: 52.59

Not surprised I got rejected. VERY surprised at NAQ, when compared to everyone else's. These forums always made me feel like my ECs are pathetic, but apparently I don't suck as much as I thought?

Sorry to hear that. You are so close!!! :(

TIME STAMP: 14:42

GPA: 83.55
MCAT: 8/10/14
ECs: Hospital volunteering, pianist, tennis, exec in several business clubs, TAing
Early/Regular Deadline: Regular deadline
Year: 4th year UG

NAQ (For those with regrets): 30.10

AQ (For those with regrets): 22.49

TFR: 52.59

Not surprised I got rejected. VERY surprised at NAQ, when compared to everyone else's. These forums always made me feel like my NAQs are pathetic, but apparently I don't suck as much as I thought?

Archived