Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Dentistry Interview 2015

Que

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here :) What's up with the 'personality inventory' test... seems like an interesting concept considering there's the interview itself.

Don't worry about that test at all! :) its an easy MC quick test... unless you select strongly agree to 'i do not like treating elderly patients', its not an issue ... from what i've gathered and my experience in their process, it seems to be for research purposes mostly. truth is no1 really knows, but most likely will only work against you if you come across as som1 that hates working with ppl etc. lol. 

Does anyone know if uoft is open or close filed? Also, will there be a social event prior to interview and when the tour will be done? Thanks:)

closed file, they have no idea who you are, so this is your chance to show them :). in my experience the tour was done after the interview in groups. in terms of socializing, they do this b4 so you get to know some of the students and have a chat b4 your interview. 

What is the written test part of the interview? Did anyone else get that? Can someone clarify what will be tested?

its simple psychology testing that you may have done in high school and university. just be consistent and do not be extreme unless its something very obvious that you should be extreme in. 

would the personality test result be used as part of the final decision for the admission? How can I prepare for CDA interview? I am kind of nervous. would appreciate if u answer my questions. :)

personally i used topscore for resources and crush interview for tutoring. both are key IMO

For the post-interview weight distribution, does anyone know if it is still 65% cGPA, 15% DAT, and 20% Interview? Thanks in advance =)

W/e weight distribution is present pre-interview carried on post-interview last year (to my knowledge)

did you apply as 3rd year or 4th year? i read that they have different pools

yes, as well as masters. 

Does anyone know how many people are invited?

Also, does anyone know for sure if they have different pools for 3rd year and 4th year applicants? (For this I thought they had the same pool... at least that's what I heard from the admissions office)

Their website says that 175 people would be invited this year but doesn't say anything about class size. Does anyone know if the class size would be 96 again this year?

would the personality test result be used as part of the final decision for the admission? How can I prepare for CDA interview? I am kind of nervous. would appreciate if u answer my questions. :)

I ended up buying the dental interview plus package and booking an astroff interview consult. The package has a ton of helpful guidelines and practice and I've heard and read here that getting some one on one input once you have prepared a lot yourself can be really helpful

Wow everyone has such high stats, i guess i was invited with borderline stats so im very grateful for this chance. My gpa - 3.9, aa- 23 pat- 17 (finished undergrad)

I hope to have a stellar interview to stand out amongst such intelligent people. Also, if the interview is closed file, does that mean they wont ask why my pat mark is so low?

Wow everyone has such high stats, i guess i was invited with borderline stats so im very grateful for this chance. My gpa - 3.9, aa- 23 pat- 17 (finished undergrad)

I hope to have a stellar interview to stand out amongst such intelligent people. Also, if the interview is closed file, does that mean they wont ask why my pat mark is so low?

I wouldn't worry about the high stats being stated on the forum..  Those with higher marks can't help but brag about them.  Your marks seem to be the average based on what was quoted above for invites.  

I'm personally looking at CrushInterview to help out with the interview.  Personally I think its unfair or perhaps a better word is disingenuous that many of the candidates are coached for these interviews but you gotta play the system I guess.

Best of luck! 

They are only there to ask the 7 CDA questions at U of T, nothing else will be brought up. Don't worry about ur stats. 

Hi everyone,

I got rejected from UofT and was just wondering whether there is a way to appeal the decision or at least get more information regarding the reasons for the rejection. Honestly, I was not even expecting to get an interview invite, but after talking to a few of my friends who got invites, I find it strange that I've been rejected. My stats are NOT that high (GPA 3.91, AA 20, PAT 17), but a friend of mine with the EXACT same stats (and that includes PAT 17) got an invite...I am just trying to figure out why and whether there is a way to appeal..Should I email them or would that be pointless?

Noora it is likely to do with course load as I've heard in the past they are likely to judge based on how full your year is and even though they don't adhere to the 3/5 rule they are still likely to look at that if you're around the cut off. It is best to ask them.

I got a rejection...

M.Sc. in Biology, GPA around 3.75-3.8ish?

but my DAT was terrible:  AA:  20 and PAT: 15  (ouch)...my fault though I didn't do enough practice for it.

So definitely re-writing the DAT later this year and I will buy some extra PAT tests/materials.

I will see what happens with Western since I got 21 on the RC.

the best thing to do is to send tham an e-mail and find out what has happened. Has anything been mentioned in your letter about the number of people who have been invited this year? 

No, not in the letter, but I believe they have invited 175 applicants (based on the website).

Noora it is likely to do with course load as I've heard in the past they are likely to judge based on how full your year is and even though they don't adhere to the 3/5 rule they are still likely to look at that if you're around the cut off. It is best to ask them.

What is the 3/5 rule?

Archived