Premed 101 Forums

Wgpa Cutoff For Out Of Province Applicants

Hey guys, does anyone know the WGPA cutoff for out-of-province applicants to Ottawa U? Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find a recent thread for out-of-province applicants. Thanks! 

Note that being above the cutoff doesn't necessarily guarantee you an interview so you better have good ECs. I had a 3.89, am an Ottawa region applicant (cutoff is supposedly 3.7) and was rejected pre-interview.

Note that being above the cutoff doesn't necessarily guarantee you an interview so you better have good ECs. I had a 3.89, am an Ottawa region applicant (cutoff is supposedly 3.7) and was rejected pre-interview.

yeah it is just a cut off to get your file reviewed.

If you are above 3.87 you will get a file review, but that does not mean you will get an interview. And if you do get an interview, you GPA will have some impact on how you are ranked post-interview. For ex: let's say you and another person get the exact same interview score. In order to rank you, they use both your GPA's. If yours is higher, then you get placed above the other person. So having a higher GPA helps and having a lower GPA can negatively impact you (especially if you are placed on a waitlist).

Ottawa is big on GPA and Queens likes ECs.

If you're applying as an OOP applicant and your cutoffs meet Ottawa's GPA requirements, how much would your ECs (if they're strong) help you then?

I know the broad answer of course, but if you guys have more subjective/specific thoughts that'd be great.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, and 2 of my items won't be scored cause I messed up :'(. Praying to the med school admin gods that the rest can make up for it xD. Some people get an interview with 0 research items, so I think I might still be good xD.

What do you mean? In what way did you mess up those 2 items? (spelling, or forgot to add them, or what).

Ah stupid mistake. One thing was for credit, another thing was as i was exiting high school, so not undergrad. I'm just kicking my self in the butt about it because I could have switched them for stuff I did in my first undergrad, I just had stronger things to say about the 2 I chose. Worst part is i KNEW about the whole undergrad thing, it just didn't process in my brain properly until it was too late xD.

I was planning on re-applying next year anyway as it's after I am done my second degree. Add a few more schools to apply to because of it.

Archived