Premed 101 Forums

Sketch

Really? I've always been under the impression that you should fill out as many spots on the ABS as possible to give the school a better idea of who you are. Even if the activity is "weak" it still says something about you (how you spend your time, your values, etc.). I don't know if I agree with the above comment without further elaboration. 

Really? I've always been under the impression that you should fill out as many spots on the ABS as possible to give the school a better idea of who you are. Even if the activity is "weak" it still says something about you (how you spend your time, your values, etc.). I don't know if I agree with the above comment without further elaboration. 

obvious padding will induce eye-rolls from many

i.e. those who put things like volunteered at relay for life for 12 hrs in high school...or donated blood 4 times, or taking a CPR course for a day,  can make someone bored reading your sketch, or just annoyed. Of course people have varied opinions on this

I think it depends on what you consider "filler" or "weak." I wouldn't consider hobbies or interests that you've invested a lot of your time in to be weak. So definitely include those. But if you have 20 awesome experiences and you start including random things that sunnyy has highlighted, it makes your awesome experiences look worse. It's better to present a smaller amount of gold alone than to present that gold with cow dung, expecting no one to notice the cow dung :P

obvious padding will induce eye-rolls from many

i.e. those who put things like volunteered at relay for life for 12 hrs in high school...or donated blood 4 times, or taking a CPR course for a day,  can make someone bored reading your sketch, or just annoyed. Of course people have varied opinions on this

Agreed!

Personally I only have 31 entries, not sure if that is going to hurt my chances though.

You'll be fine! That's a solid number, especially if they're mostly strong experiences.

Archived