Premed 101 Forums

Good Luck 2016 Nosm Interviewees

Hi all,

I just wanted to say that as my jitters increase bit by bit as each day passes and we all get one step closer to the next big determining step in this grueling process, I keep thinking of the 300 and some interviewees out there who must be experiencing the same thing as I am and it makes me feel a bit better knowing we are all in it together. I keep reminding myself to just take a moment and soak it all in, and to remember that we are very fortunate to have gotten an interview in the first place, whether first time applicants or repeat applicants. If anyone wants to get together after afternoon interviews in TBay, let me know!! I am totally up for it. It will be nice to shake it all off after. I also wanted to say thanks to all of you for being the wonderful, supportive, encouraging and helpful folks that you are! For the pursuit of medicine- c'mon guys, we can do this!!!

Med_Pack

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Thunder Bay interviews over, I know the Sudbury folks must be feeling the mounting pressure. Don't worry guys, just go in there and do your best...it's all you can do, and then it will be nice to have the last hurdle over with for now!  It definitely is an odd process (or at least it was for me as a first time applicant) and everyone keeps telling me to try not to over-analyze because it's pretty much an impossible situation to get any reassurance out of analyzing. Just having fun with friends and family now and of course back to work tomorrow! I had taken a few days off for "vacation" before interview day so it will be good (I guess??) to get back to work, lol.Hope everyone in Sudbury does fantastic! Don't let the pressure get to you, just be like, it's another day right..just lots of walking in and out of rooms, haha! Good luck from the Westies!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Sudbury Interviewees:

I salute all of you for your hard work this application cycle!  By now you are doing some final reflections / preparations before your interviews this weekend.  My interview is on Sunday, and I plan on going on a good long hike in the afternoon on Saturday to tire out my body and make sure I sleep well.  Good luck to all of you.

Thunder Bay Interviewees:

It is a painful wait after you're interviewed and waiting for mid-May, but I especially empathize with your pain of essentially waiting a whole extra month longer than us going this weekend.  Hope you're all hanging in there!  

The die has been cast - here's to NOSM 2020!

RR

We got this rural_roots!  I'm certain it's your time this year!

I'm interviewing at 10am tomorrow morning, so I'm just rereading some final material and about to sit down with the wife to watch a movie.  Good luck to everyone!  I'm hope to meet some of you tomorrow morning.

As rural_roots mentioned...  Let's do this class of 2020!!!!

You guys are going to rock this thing!! You will be in my thoughts during the weekend- having done this just a month ago (although in some ways it feels like a yr only because the wait is excruciating), I know the anxiety you are feeling. I was pretty sure the night before that I was going to puke before mine but somehow magically managed to remain calm throughout the interview...you've done all you can, now it's time to show them what you're made of and regardless, we are all great people and no mark on a scoresheet defines any of us, keep that in mind! Yes, we got this, Let's go NOSM meds!!!

To be honest, I believe I did very well. I have went through all 10 questions multiple times and I wouldn't change 1 of my answers... I can only hope it works in my favour... If there is anyone from Sudbury that wants to chat, hit me up :-)

Crazyye

4 weeks, wow. I find it so weird that I interviewed Almost 6 weeks ago now... 

I can't wait till this is all over and I can sleep again, just not knowing what my future holds is killing me! I know everyone else here probably feels the same as well, hang in there :) 

To anyone else finishing up their undergrad right now like me, and sitting those last few exams- Goodluck!! 

Yeah, the not knowing the future part sucks because it makes it impossible to plan anything. Job-wise, you need back up plans, and then in terms of personal plans, that's also hard to do not knowing where you're going to be. I need to put in for vacation time at work (for all the way until the end of the yr) and if I knew what was going on I would put my preferred vacation time for Xmas, since I didn't get it this yr, but I am not doing that because I may lose out on my vacay time altogether if by some fluke I get in and didn't take my vacay time in the summer...anyways I am just ranting but yes, plans are difficult to make! It's the worst part about this, well that and feeling like you're going to have an ax drop over your head any minute. 

lol, I think sometimes it may just be me posting again and again on this board but anyways, just wanted to say, less than THREE weeks to go guys...ugh....no matter how many things I have to do, time does NOT want to pass! Anybody second-guessing their interviews if they came out of it feeling good?

lol, I think sometimes it may just be me posting again and again on this board but anyways, just wanted to say, less than THREE weeks to go guys...ugh....no matter how many things I have to do, time does NOT want to pass! Anybody second-guessing their interviews if they came out of it feeling good?

Of course. It's par for the course.

Definitely.

crazyye, I envy you! If only I had that kind of calm and composure. There are too many back-thoughts to my interview even though I guardedly say I don't think it went bad overall (maybe even good...but this process is so unpredictable as we've seen so many times on this board so I don't know if I can really make the claim that it was good, plus others' perspectives interviewing you can be vastly different than yours anyway so it doesn't really matter at the end). I find it to be very strange that pretty much regardless of how busy I am, not a day goes by that I don't at least for one brief moment think about the decision. I mean I know when it's coming so it's not like I can make it come any faster but it's just one of those exercises in futility that we love to engage in sometimes. 

NoCat, I am glad you are only debating between "well" and "awesome" vs horrible or bad lol. 

crazyye, did you change anything in your application from last yr to this yr to go from no interview to interview this yr? Are there key things you feel made the difference?

I am not a huge fan of my job, it's more something I have to do to pay the bills right now, although it's the kind of job that many view as a career and has lots of potential for growth. I just know what I want, which makes it that much harder when you never know if you'll get what you want and in the meantime you are doing things that you know will never feel just quite right because your passion is elsewhere (and you have no idea when, or if, you can begin working in that field). I'm sure this is a feeling many of us on this board can relate to if we are being honest with ourselves so I'm sure I'm in good company. I feel like we should come up with a project just so that we have something to do for the board to pass the time between now and d-day lol.

Archived