Premed 101 Forums

Western and Sask count your best two years and doing a 5th year will definitely help your cause. Delay your graduation by not completing required courses by the end of 4th year so you could come back for a 5th year.

Isn't Sask cGPA?

Isn't Sask cGPA?

No it's best 2 years.

UBC also takes % instead of GPA and they drop one year too, so assuming you get 90+ averages for your next three years you can possibly counteract the one subpar year.

Manitoba drops your worst year and allows for two retakes. Their AGPA is calculated very strangely. So perhaps check their application bulletin to see where you stand. 

Good Luck :).

At the same time, you need a minimum core course GPA (bio, chem, physics, orgo, biochem) of like 3.80 for OOP so the chances of Manitoba are very slim for OOP (especially with only a max of 4 seats)

At the same time, you need a minimum core course GPA (bio, chem, physics, orgo, biochem) of like 3.80 for OOP so the chances of Manitoba are very slim for OOP (especially with only a max of 4 seats)

It really depends on how the grades are converted to Manitoba's 4.5 scale. A 3.8 is between B+ and an A.

^ lol.

I honestly forgot I applied to manitoba until I got an invite. I had some very odd questions at that school.

But yeah apply to Manitoba if you have a carving score, near guaranteed invite

Manitoba no longer needs carving. Still a difficult school to get into for OOP though.

Archived