Premed 101 Forums

Sketch - Formal Education - Include Every School?

Hi there,

What are people's opinion on which institutions to add to the Sketch?

For example, I attended various institutions for courses and it seems like a waste of entry to include every school where I did not get degrees. What did everyone else do? For now I just have 2 institutions where I completed undergraduate and masters degree.

Thanks everyone :D

Any activity that can't be substantiated by the academic transcripts you submit must include a verifier. So if you plan on putting your high school education in your ABS, you will need a verifier unless you plan on submitting your high school transcript to OMSAS (which I don't believe is an option).

Any activity that can't be substantiated by the academic transcripts you submit must include a verifier. So if you plan on putting your high school education in your ABS, you will need a verifier unless you plan on submitting your high school transcript to OMSAS (which I don't believe is an option).

I'm not sure if OMSAS has changed since last year but there is no field for putting a verifier/description for Formal Education and Other.

I'm not sure if OMSAS has changed since last year but there is no field for putting a verifier/description for Formal Education and Other.

Ah, you're probably right. In that case I would recommend against including high school in the Formal Education section. Perhaps you could include your high school diploma in the Awards and Accomplishments section.

Last year I put my high school in the formal education section and it worked out for me (I don't think you can go wrong including it or not).

Huh, I did not include my high school education and it worked out for me. I guess there is no definitive correct action in this case.

Oh true! I just need to figure out a verifier for the academic awards I got in high school  :(

I think the assumption is that if you are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, you graduated from high school and have your OSSD. Since there is no transcript being submitted, seems kind of silly to list high school. Won't hurt you, but I don't think its very important since it really doesn't add anything to the application.

I would however, list ALL postsecondary institutions.

I think the assumption is that if you are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, you graduated from high school and have your OSSD. Since there is no transcript being submitted, seems kind of silly to list high school. Won't hurt you, but I don't think its very important since it really doesn't add anything to the application.

I would however, list ALL postsecondary institutions.

It makes sense, and I've already included only the postsecondary institutions, but it seems redundant because there is "Postsecondary Education" below "MCAT" section to describe all this. Am I the only person that thinks this is a waste of entry?

It makes sense, and I've already included only the postsecondary institutions, but it seems redundant because there is "Postsecondary Education" below "MCAT" section to describe all this. Am I the only person that thinks this is a waste of entry?

Don't think about it, just do it. Yes it's redundant, but its fine. 

Archived