Premed 101 Forums

Ot/pt Accepted/waitlisted/rejected 2017

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to all those who have been accepted!!!! I'm #6 on the waitlist for McMaster OT. Does anyone have any idea what the movement has been in previous years?

Congrats on getting waitlisted! Out of curiosity, does your status on Mosaic show 'pending' or a waitlist number? 

I haven't checked mosaic yet but did receive an email from McMaster OT stating I was #6 on wait list out of 37 and that I should expect to be contacted in the summer months if a spot should be available.

Thanks for the info. Mine says pending and no email yet...hmm. I'm guessing I'm on the waitlist or rejected

Applied: Western, U OF T, Queens (All PT)

Accepted: Western

Waitlist: U OF T #3

Rejected: Queens

does anyone know how much the waitlist moved last year or the year before? 

How do you know you are rejected? I didn't get any email, where did you see that?

Applied: Western, U OF T, Queens (All PT)

Accepted: Western

Waitlist: U OF T #3

Rejected: Queens

does anyone know how much the waitlist moved last year or the year before?

I would say it's a fair shake to say that you'd get in to u of t at # 3! For example I am one person on this forum who has a u of t seat and will be heading to queens... that puts you at #2 already :)

I would say it's a fair shake to say that you'd get in to u of t at # 3! For example I am one person on this forum who has a u of t seat and will be heading to queens... that puts you at #2 already :)

If I can get in UofT and Queens, I will definitely pick UofT, better placement, more job opening. And I won't have to move to Kingston, too far.

If I can get in UofT and Queens, I will definitely pick UofT, better placement, more job opening. And I won't have to move to Kingston, too far.

I was told by my manager (PT at a private clinic) and a couple other PTs that they prefer hiring queens graduates actually - students from queens and western tend to have better manual therapy skills

Got an email from Western saying, "will shortly receive an email giving you further information about your waitlist placement and the process." Has anyone else received that second email from Western yet?

Does your ORPAS for Western writes "Waitlisted"?

Applied: Western, McMaster, U of T, McGill

Accepted: Western, McMaster

Rejected: U of T

Pending: McGill

Will choose between Western and Mac, but if I receive an offer from McGill when they send theirs out later in the summer I will accept that and a waiting list spot will open up. Good luck to all!

Applied: Mac, Western, U of T, Queen's (all PT)

Accepted:

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

GPA: cGPA 3.91 sGPA 3.97

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

I have worked as a PT assistant/ student in a private clinic for the past two summers, so I have over 1000 hours accumulated with direct PT experience. I have also volunteered at a senior's exercise program for the past three years as well as a program for kids with motor impairments. I have also coached Special Olympics track and baseball for the past three years. I had my essays proofread by the PTs I worked under, and they have both been on acceptance boards (for Western and Mac) in the past, so I feel this component of my application is strong. I also feel I have strong references from a PT and prof I have worked with.

Good luck to everyone applying! Does anyone know when Mac and U of T are releasing interview information? Thanks! 

Accepted: Western, Queen's, U of T

Denied/ Wait listed: Mac (not sure if they tell you if you are wait listed or not, but my application on Mosaic still says pending)

Western was my top choice so that's where I will be headed. Good luck to everyone on the wait lists and congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! 

Applied: McMaster, UofT, Western, Queen's (all OT)

Accepted: McMaster, Queen's 

Waitlisted: Western, UofT 

cGPA: 3.56

sGPA: 3.74

Mac was my first choice so I will be accepting their offer today. So a spot will be opening up at Queen's. Congratulations to everyone with good news today! And for those who received bad news -  I first applied in 2015 and got rejected from all four schools. So seriously don't give up! 

Does anyone know of a Mac OT Class of 2019 Facebook group yet? 

Archived