Premed 101 Forums

Countdown for CASPer

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my email.

As far as time slots go, it doesn't sound like it's first come first serve. You have until Oct 10th at noon EST to rank your preferences, and then they assign slots based on that. Email explicitly says that there is no advantage to ranking preferences early.

The email also says the website will open this evening.

Just got my email.

As far as time slots go, it doesn't sound like it's first come first serve. You have until Oct 10th at noon EST to rank your preferences, and then they assign slots based on that. Email explicitly says that there is no advantage to ranking preferences early.

The email also says the website will open this evening.

Exactly...the McMaster website clearly says it is a lottery based selection process that attempts to maximize applicant choices.

I still can't access the website yet. Can you guys?

Also, if they are using the same questions, does that mean we can just prepare ahead of time and then copy and paste during the actual test? that can't be right...

Try pressing the refresh button - I used Chrome and it still said offline until I refreshed.

Also, if they are using the same questions, does that mean we can just prepare ahead of time and then copy and paste during the actual test? that can't be right...

You can't copy and paste. It is disabled (mentioned in the instructions). My impression is they're giving you two freebies, you just don't know which two. In my opinion, prepare all 4 well.. that way you know you'll at least be able to answer 2 scenarios on the actual exam well... and in the worst case, you've done some practicing so that you're not totally freaked out on the actual exam with the time limit

you could prepare but you can't copy and paste as the functional keys are disabled during the test. It's Java based after all.

Archived