Premed 101 Forums

UBC DMD 2024 - Interview Invites/Rejections

1 hour ago, jd2020 said:

I wouldn’t stress too much about it. Since it is rolling admissions I’m sure more acceptances will come out! 

Cannot help but feel very depressed, the minute I stepped out of the MMI I felt bad already ): Didn't get an official rejection yet, but highly doubting there will be any turnaround for me. Best of luck to the rest of you though!

4 minutes ago, Noratic said:

Does anyone know how the conditions work? As far as I can understand, it seems like the GPA maintenance only applies to students who have yet to complete pre-reqs. Can anyone confirm this?

You’re kidding! I didn’t apply to UBC because the admissions lady told me I have to have the pre reqs completed prior to applying. I explained to her that I’ll take the course online in September, and she still said they won’t even look at it. 

20 hours ago, Noratic said:

Does anyone know how the conditions work? As far as I can understand, it seems like the GPA maintenance only applies to students who have yet to complete pre-reqs. Can anyone confirm this?

I got an email the day after the acceptance email stating that because I completed the pre-reqs, it's not conditional upon completing coursework.. Although it doesn't state anything about the GPA maintenance so I assume that would still apply 

20 hours ago, Coco beans said:

You’re kidding! I didn’t apply to UBC because the admissions lady told me I have to have the pre reqs completed prior to applying. I explained to her that I’ll take the course online in September, and she still said they won’t even look at it. 

I think they must have thought you were applying for the next cycle because that is the requirement for Class of 2025