Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

it's funny how not a single first year course i took had an average above 75%

lol this is actually from your own thread: http://premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74247&page=2

Response to most of that: what Ralk said.

Response to bolded part: averages for UWO biomed are *not* in the 60s. Please refer to these:

http://www.tinyuploads.com/images/oLcxO3.png

http://www.tinyuploads.com/images/jtVq0k.png

Sorry that they're not in the same file... the order lines up though.

And the psych grade distribution rules at uwo >> http://www.psychology.uwo.ca/pdfs/course-instructor-manual.pdf

Our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and most of 4th year courses at york bio have an average in the 60's! unlike uwo where 4th year courses have an average of 80% :eek:

What makes you think I was trying to be funny? Ask your brother. He will tell you the same thing I said. Unless he doesn't want you to think that York is too easy and that he gets A+ with no effort.

I dont understand where this rationalization comes from, when you haven't actually studied at York. Is it because @ York you can memorize text and get an A+, I can do that any other university for any science based course, except for UoFT presumably because the profs are real ****tards from what I have heard. Also, spouting that York is easy, I'm assuming you have a point? as in....? I think you get the gist of it. Also whether accurate or not the large consensus always is and has been among users of this forum and other prominent pre-med/med forums is that Medical schools do not differ between universities (obviously this might not be true) but the largely understood commonality between pre-meds is to go where you can get a 4.0. Wouldn't York than be a more prominent choice (considering that this whole fiasco of a debate was started ver the HS kid asking York or UoFT), so I dont understand the hatred considering your tonality just spews out hostility and negativity.

I also think you missed my point about york having an abysmal entry average, hence 99% of the students at york are retards, hence bringing down your average. Allow me to explain one last time, because I sincerely feel bad for you and all other YorkU students. You guys are clearly incapable of understanding english.

Well first of all if you got the York admission average from einfo then you should also get the Western admission average from the same source. So, it would be 85%, since you used the lowest value for York.

http://www.electronicinfo.ca/en/page.php?id=35&t=university&u=572845&g=a-e&aos=572204

Second of all, 99% of students at york are not retards. I got accepted to a bunch of other schools (U of T, Mac, etc.) but I chose to go to York, as did a lot of other students. I went there because I got offered quite a large scholarship. Some of us value being debt-free over prestige.

Also you need to stop complaining about your school, it's pathetic. You CHOSE to go there while being completely aware of the admissions average, so man up and deal with it or switch out. Another point, who cares about class averages people who are willing to work hard will be rewarded. I've received an A in a class where only about 15/250+ students got an A because I put in the effort.

And a side note, the way you speak to people on this forum (in a very condescending way) says a lot about you. Stop being bitter towards other people just because you're not happy with your self. Better yet get off this forum and go be productive, that way you would have actually had time to remember your physics formulas for your exam.

I'm not speaking in a condescending way. If you were offended by me calling your school retarded, then I'm sorry. I didn't know you were 10 years old and took offense to little things said by a person you don't even know on an online forum. If you can't engage in a casual conversation where two people exchange arguments/rebuttals, then please, don't post at all.

I'm not complaining about my school, nor did I bring up class averages until the other goofball decided to pull up class averages from 3 years ago.

I don't care if you went to York after being accepted to other schools. Stop bringing up irrelevant garbage that has nothing to do with the conversation, especially if you weren't involved in the first place. And again, congrats in receiving an A in a class where 99% of your classmates are retarded.

Oh and thanks for bringing up the physics thing. That totally hurt my feelings, especially when I publicly announced it for my own entertainment.

York is an easy school, end of story. This is honestly like comparing caribbean med with canadian med schools with someone that goes to the former. Suck it up. If you decided to go to a **** school, stop getting so rustled over some random person calling your school ****. People like you that defend york actually disgust me, especially after my friend let me see some of the midterms you guys have in chemistry and physics. Disgrace.

If you think you don't speak in a condescending way I would love to see you speak to your boss like that. Yes you are complaining about how first year courses have changed and how its "unfair". Suck it up. You also seem very keen on trying to prove how hard your school is.

My point in saying that is a lot of students at York could have gone to other "prestigious" schools, not everyone at York is a "retard"

Also, this is a public forum no? So I can post here if I want even if what I say is "irrelevant garbage"

Again, you missed my point in bringing up the physics remark. You responded to my post in under 10 minutes. And then you even had to edit it and add the last bit about York being an easy school. Do you not have anything better to do with your time?

Anyway not going to bother replying to you anymore. You act like a little child throwing a tantrum. And I really don't care if you think my school is a piece of **** because your attitude is the same.

No where in my posts did I say a single thing about the difficulty level of York, so I'm not sure how I'm defending York. I have never attended another university so I can't make any comments on this. People actually want to use this thread to discuss courses and other things specific to York students and you're just spamming it with your nonsense.

If you think you don't speak in a condescending way I would love to see you speak to your boss like that. Yes you are complaining about how first year courses have changed and how its "unfair". Suck it up. You also seem very keen on trying to prove how hard your school is.

My point in saying that is a lot of students at York could have gone to other "prestigious" schools, not everyone at York is a "retard"

Also, this is a public forum no? So I can post here if I want even if what I say is "irrelevant garbage"

Again, you missed my point in bringing up the physics remark. You responded to my post in under 10 minutes. And then you even had to edit it and add the last bit about York being an easy school. Do you not have anything better to do with your time?

Anyway not going to bother replying to you anymore. You act like a little child throwing a tantrum. And I really don't care if you think my school is a piece of **** because your attitude is the same.

He is one of the most condescending individuals on this forum without a doubt.

You act like a little child throwing a tantrum.

Bingo

He couldn't even get an A in first year biology where the average was in the 70s. I think it'd be in his best interest to transfer to YorkU where he will frolic amongst the idiots. *failureinlife it's actually not too late to apply btw, I applied to transfer to UofT in mid june last year and I got accepted*

I dont understand where this rationalization comes from, when you haven't actually studied at York. Is it because @ York you can memorize text and get an A+, I can do that any other university for any science based course, except for UoFT presumably because the profs are real ****tards from what I have heard. Also, spouting that York is easy, I'm assuming you have a point? as in....? I think you get the gist of it. Also whether accurate or not the large consensus always is and has been among users of this forum and other prominent pre-med/med forums is that Medical schools do not differ between universities (obviously this might not be true) but the largely understood commonality between pre-meds is to go where you can get a 4.0. Wouldn't York than be a more prominent choice (considering that this whole fiasco of a debate was started ver the HS kid asking York or UoFT), so I dont understand the hatred considering your tonality just spews out hostility and negativity.

Calm down. I go to York.

If you care enough to argue with someone about the difficulty level of York compared to other universities, then go ahead. I've had these types of arguments before to know that there is absolutely no point in participating. Arguing with someone who generalizes a single course or program to an entire university is something that I won't do. It's like arguing with medigeek about anything really :D

I go to York, I know how easy or difficult it is to get the marks I need and that is all that matters. End of story.

Calm down. I go to York.

If you care enough to argue with someone about the difficulty level of York compared to other universities, then go ahead. I've had these types of arguments before to know that there is absolutely no point in participating. Arguing with someone who generalizes a single course or program to an entire university is something that I won't do. It's like arguing with medigeek about anything really :D

I go to York, I know how easy or difficult it is to get the marks I need and that is all that matters. End of story.

Lol awesome

You're right. I wasn't actually laughing. I was ROFLMFAO.

btw, took you 6 minutes to think off that last "point" which tells me you are thinking too hard. You know when you tend to think too hard? when you are mad :D

And what delusions are you talking about? The fact that York is easier than UT? The fact that I get the grades I need with ease while you bust your ass off to get the same marks? You got a 100% and had to advertise it publicly. Are you seriously going to talk to me about self esteem and confidence? LMFAO (actually just LOL to be exact).

You are beyond lame. How many times do you have to fail at being funny before you stop? I mean, it's almost comical at this point. LOL<- LAWLZ..OMFG. You're an idiot. I stand behind the original diagnosis.

Lets say York is easier.

What Im still not understanding is why York students are being called idiots for choosing an easier path to get the same exact goal. That's not being stupid its called having common sense.

Notice how nobody that's actually pulling the marks neccessary to get into medicine is attacking york, it's only the people that have frustrated with their marks.

You are beyond lame. How many times do you have to fail at being funny before you stop? I mean, it's almost comical at this point. LOL<- LAWLZ..OMFG. You're an idiot. I stand behind the original diagnosis.

Good one. You win.

You got a 100% and had to announce it publicly. Are you seriously going to talk to me about self esteem and confidence?

No answer to this ^^ question ey?! I guess you thought I was being funny there too. You made some excellent points in your reply, so overall you still win.

read about the five factor model, goldberg... 4.0's correlate with high consciencousness scores on factor analysis, which means, compulsive rote memorization... openess to experience... yeah, correlates with thinking on your feet, deep analysis, being able approach new problems... often talented students do worse because of interest in subject matter... meaning they possess a greater depth of understanding, transferable analytical ability across various disciplines, as well as non exam performance to novel problems... so yeah, just a thought...

Good one. You win.

No answer to this ^^ question ey?! I guess you thought I was being funny there too. You made some excellent points in your reply, so overall you still win.

Dang, I didn't realize posting on this website meant for premed/med discussion would be more reliable than asking your prof or posting in the class group. Nice.

How did I not think to ask my prof???!!:confused:

Except he didnt reply to any to my email and I would like to know as soon as possible.

How did I not think to ask my prof???!!:confused:

Except he didnt reply to any to my email and I would like to know as soon as possible.

There is no discussion board for the class? Come on man. I didn't think anyone would ask questions about their class here when there are so many other resources provided by the school/classmates.

There is no discussion board for the class? Come on man. I didn't think anyone would ask questions about their class here when there are so many other resources provided by the school/classmates.

I don't see the big harm in asking here anyway :) there's a lot of people on this forum from York and this thread in particular is quite active and has a lot of resource-sharing between York students. She never said she didn't post in the York forum as well - no big deal anyways