Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
maplesyruppoutine

uOttawa Interview 2018 Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, flyingsparrow said:

Any clue on how many people usually get off the "good" waitlist for english stream?

I heard the english waitlist moves a lot. I think i read some where that 70 people get off the waitlist? I could be wrong. 

Did your email say that you are likely to receive an interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, flowerangel said:

I heard the english waitlist moves a lot. I think i read some where that 70 people get off the waitlist? I could be wrong. 

Did your email say that you are likely to receive an interview?

I don’t think it ever said “likely to receive offers” on their good waitlist in the past. Just “unlikely” if it was bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Waitlist email from 2016:

 

Dear candidate,

 

Your application for admission to the Faculty of Medicine for the academic year 2016-2017 was carefully considered by the Admissions Committee.  At the present time, offers have been made for admission in the Anglophone stream to the top one-hundred and sixteen (116) candidates on the list of excellence.

 

Your name has been placed on a waiting list.  You will be notified by telephone or by e-mail communication if your name appears at the top of the list, should a vacancy occur before September.

 

Candidates on the waiting list will be notified by e-mail as soon as the class is filled.

 

Although the sequential order of the waiting list does not change, rankings will change on a daily basis as students confirm acceptances.  For this reason, candidates are requested not to call our office for their ranking position since this information cannot be given.

 

If you are offered admission to another medical school (outside the province) and wish to withdraw your name from our list, please advise us in writing or by e-mail.

 

Yours sincerely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who were accepted, congratulations! Would any of you mind sharing by when you will have to respond? Would that be two weeks from today? I'm trying to figure out when I should start checking my phone for that phone call from Chantal haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, feelinglucky said:

For those of you who were accepted, congratulations! Would any of you mind sharing by when you will have to respond? Would that be two weeks from today? I'm trying to figure out when I should start checking my phone for that phone call from Chantal haha

By May 22nd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jfourn said:

Good Waitlist email from 2016:

 

Dear candidate,

 

Your application for admission to the Faculty of Medicine for the academic year 2016-2017 was carefully considered by the Admissions Committee.  At the present time, offers have been made for admission in the Anglophone stream to the top one-hundred and sixteen (116) candidates on the list of excellence.

 

Your name has been placed on a waiting list.  You will be notified by telephone or by e-mail communication if your name appears at the top of the list, should a vacancy occur before September.

 

Candidates on the waiting list will be notified by e-mail as soon as the class is filled.

 

Although the sequential order of the waiting list does not change, rankings will change on a daily basis as students confirm acceptances.  For this reason, candidates are requested not to call our office for their ranking position since this information cannot be given.

 

If you are offered admission to another medical school (outside the province) and wish to withdraw your name from our list, please advise us in writing or by e-mail.

 

Yours sincerely

@Maggie19 mine is the exact same as this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, flowerangel said:

Has anyone been good waitlisted? I wonder if there is a good/medium/bad waitlist?!?

When I applied in 2015, the good waitlist email just left out the sentence about being unlikely to receive an offer. I have not heard of anybody receiving an email that explicitly stated they were on the good waitlist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...