Premed 101 Forums

Did anyone get accepted with a low MCAT score?

Hey guys,

I've been looking at the Accept/Reject/Waitlist thread and noticed most people who got in had very high MCAT scores.

I only scored a 508 (avg 127) and was wondering if any with this score or below got into UofA? I'm OOP as well.

Knowing so would greatly calm my anxiety.

Thank you!

16 hours ago, neurophile said:

Does Alberta look at the entire MCAT or just CARS for OOP? And if they look at the entire MCAT then is it enough to just exceed cut offs, or do they evaluate applicants based on their score?

They look at the entire MCAT score, and it is like 10% consider it for your application score I think. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 1.43.43 PM.png

3 hours ago, Bcemslayer said:

They look at the entire MCAT score, and it is like 10% consider it for your application score I think. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 1.43.43 PM.png

This is no longer necessarily the case, as they've recently changed the weighting criteria in the past couple of years.

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2018 at 4:10 PM, Bcemslayer said:

i know people who got in with a 506, and I am 100% sure there are lower scores

On 3/23/2018 at 7:25 PM, CLIC5A said:

This is no longer necessarily the case, as they've recently changed the weighting criteria in the past couple of years.

In saying this, are you guys implying that the 128 CARS cutoff is no longer absolute for OOP applicants? I ask this because I have a very good MCAT score overall but wasn't planning on applying to UofA this cycle since my CARS is only a 127. 

Archived