Premed 101 Forums

Is the MCAT taken on Macs or Windows at Pearson locations? (Burnaby, BC)

Hi all,

I'm hoping to buy a mouse to use with my laptop and my dad suggested finding the same (or similar) mouse that is used on the actual MCAT. If it's taken on a Mac then I'll buy one of those weird Mac mouses, but if the MCAT is on Windows I'll just buy any old mouse. Does anyone remember what kind of computer they took it on? Thanks in advance

It's been awhile, but it definitely felt like Windows. 

As I remember it, the computers were fairly non-descript workstations, definitely nothing fancy. I honestly wouldn't worry to much about replicating the mouse/screen (except resolution!)/chair/test centre that much. A decent PC+good environment is enough. 

1 hour ago, nothingbutmed said:

Hi all,

I'm hoping to buy a mouse to use with my laptop and my dad suggested finding the same (or similar) mouse that is used on the actual MCAT. If it's taken on a Mac then I'll buy one of those weird Mac mouses, but if the MCAT is on Windows I'll just buy any old mouse. Does anyone remember what kind of computer they took it on? Thanks in advance

Its been 3 years but Windows for sure - just buy any old mouse is fine