Premed 101 Forums

Best Amazon purchase you made?

11 minutes ago, chateau22 said:

Any purchase whether it was lifestyle productivity something that made you feel good

A bed table was honestly one of my best. I have a desk at home but sometimes studying in bed just feels better.

I also would recommend a pair of noise cancelling headphones if you don't already own one. Takes all the stress out of public transit. :P

5 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

A bed table was honestly one of my best. I have a desk at home but sometimes studying in bed just feels better.

I also would recommend a pair of noise cancelling headphones if you don't already own one. Takes all the stress out of public transit. :P

Great ideas! Can you recommend any good pair of noise cancelling headphones?

15 hours ago, DrOtter said:

Got any recommendations for a good bed table? I'm thinking about ways to reduce how much my lower back will hate me from all the sitting the next four years will bring (yes I feel old for thinking like this)

1 hour ago, Vertex said:

Got any recommendations for a good bed table? I'm thinking about ways to reduce how much my lower back will hate me from all the sitting the next four years will bring (yes I feel old for thinking like this)

Honestly may be better to work on improving core and lower back strength. It improved EVERYTHING for me (standing, sitting etc).

3 minutes ago, dooogs said:

Honestly may be better to work on improving core and lower back strength. It improved EVERYTHING for me (standing, sitting etc).

This is actually something I'm doing this summer ;) Working with a physiotherapist on this topic (I'd highly recommend others invest in themselves like this). We can't avoid prolonged sitting in school, but we can still minimize the harms it entails.

I still thinking a mix of laying down, sitting, and standing would be optimal. A standing desk is something on my mind too....

Just now, Vertex said:

This is actually something I'm doing this summer ;) Working with a physiotherapist on this topic (I'd highly recommend others invest in themselves like this). We can't avoid prolonged sitting in school, but we can still minimize the harms it entails.

I still thinking a mix of laying down, sitting, and standing would be optimal. A standing desk is something on my mind too....

You are so right about the standing desk. I wonder if I can motivate myself enough to buy one... :P 

23 minutes ago, Elgar said:

Kind of staying in the health topic, my best amazon purchase is definetly a gaming chair (most affordable ergonomic chairs you can find according to my searches). I have been back-pain-free since I bought it in last november!

What's the name of the chair on amazon? I'd be interested in something like that

4 minutes ago, VivaColombia said:

What's the name of the chair on amazon? I'd be interested in something like that

I have a GT Racing chair,  the exact one I bought seems to be out of stock right now (https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/gp/product/B078MFY6TH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), but there are many similar models by this brand.

Overall, it's very comfortable. I use the lumbar pillow all the time, and while I rarely use the cervical one, it's nice to have it when my neck feels stiff. Of course there are better chairs if you are willing to put more money into it, but since I have cats I don't want to spend too much on a chair that will serve partly as a scratching post :D  Though to my surprise, they haven't been scratching it much so far....!

My only disapointment is that I tought the back seat would be moving backwards just by leaning in, but in fact you have to lock in your position with a lever, so you can only have the back seat go to specific angles.