Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers still not contacted...

Hey guys, I've read online here and elsewhere that UBC is very strict about contacting verifiers and generally contacts them in October. None of my verifiers have brought up having been contacted thus far and I'm just feeling very anxious. Does this automatically mean that I have been rejected and my file will not be further reviewed for interview consideration? For context, I'm OOP (Ontario), submitted my app a few hours before the Oct 1 deadline and meet all the academic cut-offs (albeit GPA was lower end around 88%) but with decent NAQ). 

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. 

No need to worry. I am not super familiar with UBC but I have seen many people post about this topic on the forum and the consensus is that verifiers are contacted totally randomly, some people get none contacted and some people get many, and it has absolutely nothing to do with whether your application is accepted or rejected

Has anyone still not heard from their verifiers? 

My first verifier was contacted on Nov 5th last cycle, so perhaps the 1 month difference in submission deadline this year (Oct 1 vs. Sep 1) means that some applications will have their verifiers contacted later than usual.

@sciencegirl314 you seem to pass the cutoffs for OOP (I know I do as well), so it should be fine. It would be nice to get notified though!

In any case, I will post when (or if) I hear back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 10:35 AM, silverlinden said:

Has anyone still not heard from their verifiers? 

My first verifier was contacted on Nov 5th last cycle, so perhaps the 1 month difference in submission deadline this year (Oct 1 vs. Sep 1) means that some applications will have their verifiers contacted later than usual.

@sciencegirl314 you seem to pass the cutoffs for OOP (I know I do as well), so it should be fine. It would be nice to get notified though!

In any case, I will post when (or if) I hear back.

I didn’t know that my verifiers had already been contacted back in October until today when I specifically asked one of them in person.