Premed 101 Forums

UBC rescinding offers??

Congrats to everyone who received offers!!! and for those who didn't get good news, it will just be a matter of time :) 

It still feels so surreal. But I have been thanking verifiers and references and started to get paranoid. Does UBC rescind offers ever? Is there a chance I will actually not be attending in the fall...? 

Thanks everyonee

9 minutes ago, taelea said:

Congrats to everyone who received offers!!! and for those who didn't get good news, it will just be a matter of time :) 

It still feels so surreal. But I have been thanking verifiers and references and started to get paranoid. Does UBC rescind offers ever? Is there a chance I will actually not be attending in the fall...? 

Thanks everyonee

Unless you've done something egregious, like been charged with a crime, it's very unlikely UBC would rescind an offer. It's not commonly done.

The only real reason they could 'rescind' your offer is if your GPA had significantly dropped, as mentioned above.

Purely for the sake of completeness, there are some other reasons I can think of why someone might not be able to attend even though they were accepted, such as: refusal to provide proof of immunity / complete the required vaccinations (unless medically you have a reason you cannot be vaccinated), or failure to be granted an educational license by the CPSBC (i.e. because of something serious on your police background check that prevents you from being eligible to work with vulnerable populations). But these are exceptionally rare situations and I am sure don't apply to you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 10:29 AM, ahlavache said:

Thanks everyonee

Reading through everyone's answers and of course, I agree. But OP, I feel this as well, and I still cannot seem to shake off this paranoia even though it's been almost two weeks now since receiving admission. I keep racking my brain for any reason they could rescind my offer, I was even worried about a speeding ticket I got last year! :(

I think it'll continue to feel surreal until we're actually in school and actually a medical student. Until then, let's try our best to accept that our dreams are indeed coming true. Go pop a bottle of champagne, you deserve it! :D

11 hours ago, plsdontletthisbeawaste said:

Reading through everyone's answers and of course, I agree. But OP, I feel this as well, and I still cannot seem to shake off this paranoia even though it's been almost two weeks now since receiving admission. I keep racking my brain for any reason they could rescind my offer, I was even worried about a speeding ticket I got last year! :(

I think it'll continue to feel surreal until we're actually in school and actually a medical student. Until then, let's try our best to accept that our dreams are indeed coming true. Go pop a bottle of champagne, you deserve it! :D

If its of any reassurance, my GPA dropped by 4.6% the year I got in. I spent the entire summer anticipating to get rescinded and thinking they would round up to 5%. Never happened! Seems like they don't actively hunt us down.
Enjoy your summers as much as you can for now :)