Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

1 hour ago, gonnagetOT said:

Hey guys! For those who have done the UBC MOT interview, how did you guys think it went? I'm OOP so I'm not trying to get my hopes up too high, but I walked away from it feeling super good!?

OOP? 

I felt pretty good coming away from the interview. I only struggled with one particular question. 

1 hour ago, Dancewithcrows said:

OOP? 

I felt pretty good coming away from the interview. I only struggled with one particular question. 

Out of province! :)  

That's great to hear though! I feel like I answered it as well as I could have in the moment, trying not to think too much about it anymore.

To anyone who is completing, or has completed, their MScOT at an Ontario school, what was your experience gaining a placement? Was your program accommodating in finding a location based on your preferences/distance? And is it crazy to hope that a car is not necessary to reach your placement location?

Obviously, I don't want to get ahead of myself before offers of admission are even made, but I want to know what to expect if I'm able to get in. Thanks in advance! :) 

On 3/4/2022 at 1:31 PM, gonnagetOT said:

Hey guys! For those who have done the UBC MOT interview, how did you guys think it went? I'm OOP so I'm not trying to get my hopes up too high, but I walked away from it feeling super good!?

I felt good about it also! Nerve racking for sure however, I was able to answer all questions and felt like I covered what they were asking. I’m in BC so I know that there are more spots available for BC residents, but if you felt great and you feel confident about the rest of your application you could have a very good chance! Fingers crossed for you!!

On 3/5/2022 at 12:56 PM, FuturePTOT said:

How did everyone find the UBC PT interview? Was definitely difficult and I screwed up 1 or 2 but otherwise was good 

I found it tough! Felt great about 1-2 but did not do well on others ... I felt like we had to fix racism/Aboriginal reconciliation. There was one question about Ms. Bobi that I didn't have any follow up questions on and was asked to re-read it. Did that happen to you?

6 minutes ago, WannaBeOT22 said:

That is so shocking! Sorry to hear that :( Also got a rejection (sub-GPA was 3.84). Wondering what the cut off was if you did not get one with that great average. 

I'm shocked that you didn't get one with such a great average either! I feel like Mac's minimalist application is going to have to change in the future. There are many amazing potential OTs out there that do not have a 4.0... 

14 hours ago, FUTUREPTSTDNT said:

I found it tough! Felt great about 1-2 but did not do well on others ... I felt like we had to fix racism/Aboriginal reconciliation. There was one question about Ms. Bobi that I didn't have any follow up questions on and was asked to re-read it. Did that happen to you?

omg yes that one I was asked to re-read too! LOL it was confusing