Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

On 2/7/2022 at 12:50 PM, OT_applicant said:

@OT_PLS

Hey I'm also a BC resident applying to UBC OT. My sGPA for ORPAS is 3.68 so I don't think my chances are too high at Western or U of T either. What is your competitive average for UBC, last 15 upper year courses? 

Sorry I forgot to answer this. Not sure if they use 4.0 scale or % scale.  My UBC average is an 86.4% or 3.8ish. Hoping that’s enough. 

16 hours ago, pathtopt said:

Congrats to everyone who got interview invites today!! 

Would UBC interviewees like to create a group to do some practicing/chat about the interview? Or has one already been created?

I would be interested in joining to practice!! Got accepted for Mac and UBC interviews for the first time and am very nervous!!!

19 minutes ago, PlsOT said:

Alright folks... do we think the chances of OT invites coming today are reasonably 0% at this point?

I think that’s a fair assumption. Is that going to stop me from checking my email all night even though I know it won’t come after hours? Absolutely not lol. 

2 hours ago, CanPhysio9000 said:

Anybody wants to form a group chat for the Mcmaster interview to practice? 

I set up a discord for all of us to prep for the Mac interviews. I saw someone said it's different for OT so if there is anything OT needs to better prep let me know and I'll add it to the channel! 

https://discord.gg/juF8yECa

Does anyone have any information on how UBC (or even other schools) run their MMI?

Definitely not asking for any specifics as I know that that's not allowed, but things like:

• The relative proportion of situational, policy, role play, personal questions they ask out of the 9. 
  • Whether interviewers prompt you with more questions if you speak for less than 6 minutes or whether they stay silent?
  • How the heck the Zoom interview is even going to work!!? Will various interviewers be logging on and off our Zoom call every station?

Would appreciate any input! Feel free to add more Qs :) 

8 minutes ago, pathtopt said:

Does anyone have any information on how UBC (or even other schools) run their MMI?

Definitely not asking for any specifics as I know that that's not allowed, but things like:

• The relative proportion of situational, policy, role play, personal questions they ask out of the 9. 
  • Whether interviewers prompt you with more questions if you speak for less than 6 minutes or whether they stay silent?
  • How the heck the Zoom interview is even going to work!!? Will various interviewers be logging on and off our Zoom call every station?

Would appreciate any input! Feel free to add more Qs :) 

Hey! I am obviously not 100% sure but from my MMI books and watching some youtube videos it looks like it will be multiple room/breakout rooms on zoom with a different evaluator each room. It looks like 2 mins for thinking and 4 minutes to speak. Dependent on the evaluator, you may not have followup questions and will sit in silent or if you havent answered everything they want they maybe they will ask. A large proportion of the questions are scenario/ethical/policy based