Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

50 minutes ago, PlsOT said:

Congrats to those who got Mac/UBC invites for PT!! Anyone know how long after PT invites that OT gets sent out?

On the McMaster website it says interview invites will be sent out on March 7th and interviews will be online during the week of the March 21st. Idk about UBC but probably around the same time

2 hours ago, AspiringPT10 said:

Same!!

Congrats!! 

Do you mind sharing your admissions GPA and Pre-req GPA, your CASPER score? 

And any EC's?

Let me know! unfortunately I didn't get an interview with a 4th quartile casper score and 88% admissions average. But I think I know what went wrong, I had pretty weak EC's. 

28 minutes ago, PTtune said:

Congrats!! 

Do you mind sharing your admissions GPA and Pre-req GPA, your CASPER score? 

And any EC's?

Let me know! unfortunately I didn't get an interview with a 4th quartile casper score and 88% admissions average. But I think I know what went wrong, I had pretty weak EC's. 

Not at all. Casper: 3rd quartile, pre-req GPA: 3.88, subGPA: 3.74 (both on a 4.0 scale), I am not 100 % sure how they calculated my percentage from that!

Lots of EC's ~2000 hours in physio clinics as well as with individuals experiencing disabilities. My references were very strong as well. 

2 minutes ago, AspiringPT10 said:

Not at all. Casper: 3rd quartile, pre-req GPA: 3.88, subGPA: 3.74 (both on a 4.0 scale), I am not 100 % sure how they calculated my percentage from that!

Lots of EC's ~2000 hours in physio clinics as well as with individuals experiencing disabilities. My references were very strong as well. 

Thank you so much for sharing!! is your sub-gpa on the ORPAS scale? are you from ontario!

Ah I see, I think my references could have been stronger and more hours/more experience would have strengthened my application a lot more. I kind of applied going in knowing that it might not work out but wanted to just try. Oh well - there is always next year!! 

17 minutes ago, PTtune said:

Thank you so much for sharing!! is your sub-gpa on the ORPAS scale? are you from ontario!

Ah I see, I think my references could have been stronger and more hours/more experience would have strengthened my application a lot more. I kind of applied going in knowing that it might not work out but wanted to just try. Oh well - there is always next year!! 

Yeah this is my second time applying and I took the year to upgrade and get more experience and it was the best decision! I am an Alberta applicant, so my GPA was on the UAlberta 4.0 scale.  (A/A+=4.0, A-=3.7).

12 minutes ago, AspiringPT10 said:

Yeah this is my second time applying and I took the year to upgrade and get more experience and it was the best decision! I am an Alberta applicant, so my GPA was on the UAlberta 4.0 scale.  (A/A+=4.0, A-=3.7).

How did you manage to get experience and volunteer at pt clinics with covid and lockdowns?

it’s mind boggling….I applied to 100+ clinics and I even went to many of those in person.

you probably had connections or knew someone I assume?

51 minutes ago, pathtopt said:

Congrats to everyone who got interview invites today!! 

Would UBC interviewees like to create a group to do some practicing/chat about the interview? Or has one already been created? Appreciate it! 

I'm interested! send me a message please :) or if you've been added to a group 

54 minutes ago, pathtopt said:

Congrats to everyone who got interview invites today!! 

Would UBC interviewees like to create a group to do some practicing/chat about the interview? Or has one already been created? Appreciate it! 

I would love to join!! Please do add me if there is a group already 

15 hours ago, zerochance said:

How did you manage to get experience and volunteer at pt clinics with covid and lockdowns?

it’s mind boggling….I applied to 100+ clinics and I even went to many of those in person.

you probably had connections or knew someone I assume?

I did my volunteering mostly virtually (I am at UBC MPT now).  As long as you are working with at risk populations, the hours usually count.  For UBC, that is what they say.  I worked virtually with at risk seniors in a social connection program and did some hours at a riding program for kids with disabilities!  You don't have to be at a physio clinic unless guidelines for the program you are applying for say so exactly!  I also only had about 150 hours of volunteering, so you don't need a bunch more that the minimum.