Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

17 hours ago, OT_applicant said:

I was really hoping to hear about UBC MOT interviews this week. Likely we'll hear back some time next week. Super nervous :(

Looks like, in the past few years, UBC sends out interview invites round Feb 15th-19th so most likely this upcoming week! I feel you about being nervous, but at the end of the day, just remember you’ve done everything you can. :) Sending you lots of luck! 

On 2/11/2022 at 3:54 PM, PT2022- said:

Hey! 

I've mostly seen the volunteer hours listed from PT kids since those applications require you to put the numbers in. I think others are including them in these forum descriptions to show what they have done and for how long. Did you mention any of your hours in your statements/essays and such?

If they didn't ask for them specifically I doubt they needed them but I am applying for PT and not OT so I might wrong. 

Thanks for your answers. I didn’t mention any of my hours in the essay since they didn’t ask for it specifically. Instead i talked about the my reflection from those experiences and how they shape me attitude towards becoming an OT.

One more thing I wanna ask, I think i am the only person here made those stupid mistakes. After submitting my application, i found 3 small grammar mistakes on the resume. Are those grammar mistakes gonna ruin my entire application? I had many nights w/o sleep because of it. I think for job application, I will fail right away but I don’t know how the OT application process looks like. My essays are fine because I got many people editing it. Can someone share some thoughts about it? 
I very much appreciate it

34 minutes ago, sabre1010 said:

Where can you access your Casper quartile? I took mine on January 27th so I doubt it's ready yet, but I want to make sure I've been obsessively checking in the correct spot haha. 

It won't show up until 4 week after your test date. If you go to "Home", "Step 3" (near the btm of the page) is where you can see your Casper and it should say that your results have been delivered (your z-scores to the universities you selected ~2wk's post test). After 4 weeks a button saying "Your Results" will show up and you can check it then!

Just now, DreamPT said:

I haven't either. I just emailed Mac admin and they said the invitations may come after business hours today as they are having some technical difficulties. 

oh thats good to hear. Thank you for letting me know. Getting worried about these applications. Best of luck to you