Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

3 minutes ago, FuturePTOT said:

Hey! I am obviously not 100% sure but from my MMI books and watching some youtube videos it looks like it will be multiple room/breakout rooms on zoom with a different evaluator each room. It looks like 2 mins for thinking and 4 minutes to speak. Dependent on the evaluator, you may not have followup questions and will sit in silent or if you havent answered everything they want they maybe they will ask. A large proportion of the questions are scenario/ethical/policy based 

Hey! Thanks so much for your response, this is helpful to know! 

UBC's website says 6 minutes to speak with 2 minute "breaks" between stations. Have you heard differently? 4 mins seems so short!!

56 minutes ago, pathtopt said:

Hey! Thanks so much for your response, this is helpful to know! 

UBC's website says 6 minutes to speak with 2 minute "breaks" between stations. Have you heard differently? 4 mins seems so short!!

oh shoot yeah I am not sure how to interpret the website Tbh because it says "Each station is 6 minutes with a 2-minute transition period" but you may actually be right my apologies! and trust me even if it is 4 minutes, it is 100% do-able as long as you have a structure for your responses and practice! Does anyone else here know if its 4 or 6 minutes??

Hey guys! So happy to have received my first OT interview for this round! I see that many people are looking for people to practice with, so I made a discord server for those practicing for OT interviews, and you can join via this link within 7 days; if it expires let me know and I'll make a new link. This is also my first time making a server so please let me know if anyone wants to be mods! https://discord.gg/Fn4wwexs

11 minutes ago, five_squared said:

Hey guys! So happy to have received my first OT interview for this round! I see that many people are looking for people to practice with, so I made a discord server for those practicing for OT interviews, and you can join via this link within 7 days; if it expires let me know and I'll make a new link. This is also my first time making a server so please let me know if anyone wants to be mods! https://discord.gg/Fn4wwexs

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, five_squared said:

I tried to join but it says I am unable to join. Could you add OT_Van to the group? Thank you!

2 hours ago, FingersCrossed_OT said:

Anyone have any opinions about which campus for UofT? I just got the survey for OT UofT campus (im p sure that's sent to everyone who applies) and I don't really know much about the different campuses other than location

I just said St George because it's closer to my parent's house & if I can avoid moving out and paying rent I will, but there's really no difference in quality of education or placement opportunities between the campuses. The only real difference is cohort size is smaller at UTM (40 students at UTM, 90 students at UTSG). If you don't have a preference for living downtown or in Mississauga I'd say it doesn't really matter, but I'll try to give you my opinion on the campuses.

In terms of the campuses, I've never been to UTM but I've heard it's really nice because the campus is in the greenbelt and it's surrounded by nature - honestly I'd pick UTM just for this if the commute wasn't so much longer for me. And that might also be a drawback for some people who prefer the city. I did my undergrad at the Scarborough campus and I'll say the smaller campus size is nice but it is a little annoying that it feels so secluded compared to St George, because if you have downtime between classes you just have to hang around on campus and I'd assume UTM is the same. I do like UTSG, but one drawback is the campus is really sprawling and some buildings are really far apart which can be annoying, although I don't know if this would be as much of an issue for a grad program because you'd only be taking classes with the OT department. But St George might be better for you in terms of where you're going to live if you don't have a car, because public transit sucks in the suburbs. I'd say cost of living is about the same in both cities. I can't say much else about UTM, but if you have any questions about St George or Toronto in general feel free to ask!