Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

14 hours ago, pk08 said:

hi friends, do we know when UofT PT CAP invites will be out?

My guess is either this Friday (25th) or Monday (28th)! Their website is now saying invites are sent out late March and those who have an invite have to register by April 4. So assuming they give at least a week after invites are sent out to register we should know by early next week! (This is all just guessing though haha!)

On 3/11/2022 at 6:59 PM, sabre1010 said:

*Disclaimer that I'm an international student, which comes with the benefit of early notification from some programs because of immigration paperwork: I got an acceptance email from Western OT this morning! Feeling a bit lonely here right now haha but looking forward to coming back to this forum in 2 months to celebrate with my future cohort mates! Was initially very upset over my Mac rejection because of location, but Western's program actually seems to be a much better fit for my interests and learning style anyways. 

Does anyone know what Western's OT cohort size is? I swear I saw it before somewhere but now I can't find it. 

Congratulations on getting accepted at Western!! If you don't mind sharing, I was wondering how did you do on CASPER?

11 minutes ago, OTWrappingpaper said:

I was in the fourth quartile :) I've never been more nervous for a test

Nice! hopefully you get into the school of your choice

8 minutes ago, saskpt22 said:

i got 3rd quartile which was kinda unfortunate! hoping that my gpa makes up for it :)

3rd isn't bad! Good luck to you as well fellow Usasker

When do we hear from Ontario schools? Idk why i thought it was the 1st, but after scrolling here I’m seeing May 13th? Is this date just for schools with the additional interviews? 

Coming back to correct myself. I also applied to audiology programs and the 1st is when offers are sent out, 

Hey guys I also just got my UofT PT rejection at 10:22 this morn. I wonder what the sub-GPA cutoff was? These are my stats:

• Applied: PT at UofT, Mac, Queen's and Western
  • Accepted:
  • Waitlisted:
  • Rejected: UofT
  • GPA: cGPA: 3.67, sGPA: 3.88
  • CASPer: 3rd quartile

Good luck to everyone who got an interview! :) 

9 minutes ago, pt2022app said:

Hey guys I also just got my UofT PT rejection at 10:22 this morn. I wonder what the sub-GPA cutoff was? These are my stats:

• Applied: PT at UofT, Mac, Queen's and Western
  • Accepted:
  • Waitlisted:
  • Rejected: UofT
  • GPA: cGPA: 3.67, sGPA: 3.88
  • CASPer: 3rd quartile

Good luck to everyone who got an interview! :) 

I'm sorry to hear that! You have such a high sGPA! I wonder how they make the decision, I didn't think the cGPA was too important

On 10/15/2021 at 12:54 PM, PTPTPT said:

Would love to see this thread get used mostly just for stats to make it easier to look through :P

Applied (PT): Western, UofT (CAP invite), Queen's, McMaster + maybe uOttawa, McGill
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:

GPA: c-gpa 7.96/10 (not going to bother converting lol) and s-gpa 3.84/4
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: By the time applications are due, I'll have worked ~2500 hrs in a very multidisciplinary clinic as as a PTA and then R.Kin, alongside mainly PTs and OTs. Also have ~500 hrs between cardiac, stroke, and sport settings. I'm quite confident in my personal submissions, CASPer/Kira, and references due to my experience and the connections I've made through them. 

CASPer quartile: 4th/top quartile

I unsuccessfully applied in 2020 so it helps already being familiar with the various applications components - at that time my sGPA was a huge weakness and I've since improved it! For anyone feeling worried/down about not getting in right away, it's SO normal and SO okay. I finished undergrad a few years ago and the practical experience and break from school has been SO worth it. I feel much more prepared, mature, and confident now to go through PT school :) Feel free to ask me about it!

Got a CAP invite today!!!

13 minutes ago, FingersCrossed_OT said:

I'm sorry to hear that! You have such a high sGPA! I wonder how they make the decision, I didn't think the cGPA was too important

Thank you! :) Re: s-GPA and CAP invites, I'm not sure but the UofT application site says:

"After the Admissions Committee reviews each applicant’s academic qualifications and completes a file review, a sub-GPA cutoff is determined based on the application pool. Only top applicants are invited to write the Computer Administered Profile (CAP) online." 

so idk but last years' cutoff was a 3.83! I did have a Mac kira talent interview so I think the rest of my application (pre-reqs, academic qualifications etc.) is legit. But no worries, the wait until May continues! 

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 12.24.38 PM.png