Premed 101 Forums

UBC 2026

On 9/18/2021 at 1:21 AM, DMDHope2020 said:

thats amazing!, how many people get this early interview and how many people get an interview overall? if you had

to just guess

Also wondering this! Also does anyone know if there is a higher chance to get accepted for someone invited to the early interviews compared to someone who was in the late interview?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, congrats on your admissions!! I have a quick question that I was hoping someone could answer for me re: UBC deadlines. On the portal it says that the deadline for UBC was Oct. 8th 2021, but I see that half of the interviews happened before Oct. 8th. If you applied after Oct. 2nd, would you just be considered for the November interview dates? Is there a benefit to applying early? Is the Oct. 8th deadline correct? Thanks in advance! 

3 hours ago, ladybird said:

Hey everyone, congrats on your admissions!! I have a quick question that I was hoping someone could answer for me re: UBC deadlines. On the portal it says that the deadline for UBC was Oct. 8th 2021, but I see that half of the interviews happened before Oct. 8th. If you applied after Oct. 2nd, would you just be considered for the November interview dates? Is there a benefit to applying early? Is the Oct. 8th deadline correct? Thanks in advance! 

Hey there, for anyone that applied before July 31 or August 31 (cannot remember the date) these applicants are considered for both interview cycles. I submitted my application at the beginning of July and interviewed November 20 and 27. It’s definitely an advantage to submit early so that they have ample time to consider.

41 minutes ago, Yay School said:

Hey there, for anyone that applied before July 31 or August 31 (cannot remember the date) these applicants are considered for both interview cycles. I submitted my application at the beginning of July and interviewed November 20 and 27. It’s definitely an advantage to submit early so that they have ample time to consider.

Thanks so much for the info :)

Hi guys! I received an offer from UBC. I received an email on Dec 1. My aadsas shows 'offer made'. I was waitlisted last year and reapplied this year so don't give up!! 

My GPA is 3.73, I'm OOP, and my most notable ECs are volunteer and work as a dental assistant, work as a pharmacy assistant, research project, held vp positions in clubs, and volunteering abroad.  

My biggest recommendation would be to write a good personal statement for your application. Once you get that interview, your offer is based entirely on your interview scores. So work on your public speaking, speaking up in a group, speaking to strangers, and gaining some experience in the dental field is definitely a benefit. 

3 hours ago, Dmd2026 said:

Hi guys! I received an offer from UBC. I received an email on Dec 1. My aadsas shows 'offer made'. I was waitlisted last year and reapplied this year so don't give up!! 

My GPA is 3.73, I'm OOP, and my most notable ECs are volunteer and work as a dental assistant, work as a pharmacy assistant, research project, held vp positions in clubs, and volunteering abroad.  

My biggest recommendation would be to write a good personal statement for your application. Once you get that interview, your offer is based entirely on your interview scores. So work on your public speaking, speaking up in a group, speaking to strangers, and gaining some experience in the dental field is definitely a benefit. 

Thats amazing!! Great work!