Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest UTMed07

Interviewed and rejected at UBC and U of A. Didn't apply anywhere else, but I sure will next year.

Where did you interview at? (Other than Toronto, I'm assuming since you're posting in this thread...) Although your other stats are very impressive as everyone has said, I could see that "P" on your MCAT holding you back from some cut-offs (ie. Western). (But if you interviewed at those schools my point is moot.)

I think it gets easier to do better in your last two years because your courses are more relevant to your degree and therefore what you're interested in. Besides, stats obviously aren't everything because they didn't get me anywhere, so don't stress too much :)

Oh dear guys those stats are so friggin impressive hahah

makes me feel like an underachiever :((

I did so bad on my first year, remembering it makes me CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP..

My second year was better but still not very high like ppl here

I still have 2 more years to go...do you guys think I blew my chances? Which university looks most closely at your last two years?

I'm originally from Solina, Ontario and just finished 3rd year of Honors Spec. Physiology with a minor in Psych at UWO. This is my 1st time applying to U of T.

I was interviewed at: U of T & McMaster

waitlisted by: U of T & Mac

Accepted off the waitlist at U of T

My Undergrad GPA was: 3.99 and MCAT (VR/PS/W/BS): 10,11,P,11.

Extra Curriculars: soccer, grew up on a farm, volunteering in an ER, big sisters, student health volunteer, birth control counselor, international volunteering

I look forward to seeing you all in August :)

I'm originally from Solina, Ontario and just finished 3rd year of Honors Spec. Physiology with a minor in Psych at UWO. This is my 1st time applying to U of T.

I was interviewed at: U of T & McMaster

waitlisted by: U of T & Mac

Accepted off the waitlist at U of T

My Undergrad GPA was: 3.99 and MCAT (VR/PS/W/BS): 10,11,P,11.

Extra Curriculars: soccer, grew up on a farm, volunteering in an ER, big sisters, student health volunteer, birth control counselor, international volunteering

I look forward to seeing you all in August :)

Hey Mill,

May i ask. When did u get the news that you were off the waitlist?

Hi Everyone,

I was accepted off the waitlist on June 23.

Guess I was one of the last ones to be accepted.

GPA : 3.81

MCAT: 37R (P14/V9/B14)

EC: Lots of research experience including research in Japan.

Volunteer at a social housing facility.

Music background.

I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone in August!

BSc at McGill, Physiology Major.

GPA 4.0/4.0 (McGill)

MCAT

Physical Sciences: (12)

Verbal: (9)

Biological Sciences: (12)

Written Sample: ®

Rejected pre-interview: Western, Queens

Accepted: UofT and McGill

I will be going: most likely McGill, but still a bit torn between the two!

EC's: hospital volunteering, volunteer work with kids, help phone line, choirs, classical piano, 2 clubs' execs, lots of tutoring and TA work, clinical reserach and lab reserach with conference poster, no publications.

P.S. Agree with rapoune. Thought my interview at UT was simply horrible. Turns out it wasnt that bad...

HOW COULD YOU BE REJECTED PRE INTERVIEW FROM TWO UNIVERSITIES WITH SUCH STATS...THAT IS SO WRONG!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Generally speaking, the people that use this site are all way above average, so I imagine that there will be very few outright rejections. I'm still a little worried though.

I just took a nap and while my mind was wandering, I thought of a college essay topic: basically, you prove statistically that you are unique by using probabilities, multiplying them together, identifying lurking variables/confounding, and then establishing that the chance of finding someone else like you is essentially zero.

I don't know why I just posted that.

Only 25 hours left!!!!

• 2 months later...

Only 25 hours left!!!!

Until...? U of T interview invites are rolling - slow rolling. Don't expect any floodgates to open the first day back from the break.

Why don't we have some mention of the personal statements of successful applicants in this thread, since it's such a crucial part of the selection process?

We do have mentions of applicants' personal statements here and there. The problem is people can't really be objective about their own statement, so what we end up with is "My personal statement was great!" from both the accepted and rejected groups.

Also, let's try to keep this thread clear for people posting their actual stats. ;)

Until...? U of T interview invites are rolling - slow rolling. Don't expect any floodgates to open the first day back from the break.

I wouldn't bother replying to spam bots. Their posts are usually irrelevant, as you have probably realized.

We do have mentions of applicants' personal statements here and there. The problem is people can't really be objective about their own statement, so what we end up with is "My personal statement was great!" from both the accepted and rejected groups.

Also, let's try to keep this thread clear for people posting their actual stats. ;)

Agreed, not as easy to rank/judge as the objective measures of an applicant (e.g. GPA, MCAT).

• 3 weeks later...
So, am I to understand that the invitations for undergraduate interviews have been mailed out already?

Happy Monday! File review is ongoing. Interview invites won't start til later this month (have been getting lots of questions abt this)

http://twitter.com/UTMedAdmissions/statuses/7913794622

Emails for the first round of MD/PhD interviews will go out tomorrow, Wednesday Jan 20

http://twitter.com/UTMedAdmissions/statuses/7951078677