Premed 101 Forums

Official UWO Thread

Hi, I'm on the UWO dentistry waitlist too. I thought they might start calling people today...anyone know anything or has anyone heard from them?

I tried emailing the school about other matters, takes awhile to reply. You might as well just ask them directly by phone, but I doubt they will divulge waitlist info over the phone.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well..I called on Friday and Trish said that they have filled the class so far (and called people off the list) but that they are still waiting to hear back from some more people who have the acceptances. Soooo...there will still be some movement next week.

For those who have already been accepted in the original batch, did you have until July 9th to respond? I'm just wondering why they are still waiting to hear back from people....

I just got a call from Western this morning (at around 9:30) about an acceptance. I was on the waitlist before. Good luck to all those who are still waiting.

Hi btr2urhrt,

Congrats on the acceptance! I was wondering how long they give you to accept and/or give your deposit? Thanks.

Hey waitlisters,

Don't give up even if they say that they have filled the class. At the last minute some people might drop their places and the administration will be looking to fill those seats. It is not uncommon for new people to show up half way through the first week of classes in September (or so I am told).

I know last year, that a close friend of mine was told that the 2010 optometry class at waterloo was filled and they wished her the best of luck with future success and blah blah blah, then two weeks later they accepted her! Don't give up and hopefully I will meet some of you come late August/ early September!

Ugh..the wait is killing me...my entire academic and personal life is dangling on a string....Yippee....(note the sarcasm).

I'm trying to figure out my backup right now. I don't know if it would be prudent of me to move to UWO this fall (even if I'm not accepted this year) and expect to earn all As in a new environment. I would be taking communications/foreign language/organizational behavior/art classes but not really sure how realistic it is considering i've never taken a class there and I'd be living on my own (so I'd have to work). Anyone know any bachelor's of arts students at UWO and what their course load is like?

Ugh..the wait is killing me...my entire academic and personal life is dangling on a string....Yippee....(note the sarcasm).

I'm trying to figure out my backup right now. I don't know if it would be prudent of me to move to UWO this fall (even if I'm not accepted this year) and expect to earn all As in a new environment. I would be taking communications/foreign language/organizational behavior/art classes but not really sure how realistic it is considering i've never taken a class there and I'd be living on my own (so I'd have to work). Anyone know any bachelor's of arts students at UWO and what their course load is like?

Hey AllSmiles, I was just wondering why you want to transfer over to UWO for your special year. I dont think being a uwo-undergrad student will give you any advantage, or did u pick UWO because ur current academic institution does not offer those classes? Also, do you have any history in those fields or do you plan on taking introductory classes? I just thought I'd give u a heads up cuz I read somewhere on the UWO website that in your special years you need upper level courses.

Hey AllSmiles, I was just wondering why you want to transfer over to UWO for your special year. I dont think being a uwo-undergrad student will give you any advantage, or did u pick UWO because ur current academic institution does not offer those classes? Also, do you have any history in those fields or do you plan on taking introductory classes? I just thought I'd give u a heads up cuz I read somewhere on the UWO website that in your special years you need upper level courses.

Well I do have the intro courses to many of the non-science courses I'm interested in. But the main reason I wanted to be in London (sadly?) was that I wanted to be closer to my sig. other....long distance relationships are tough sometimes... anyhow...I've pretty much decided I won't be moving to UWO for my Special year. Academically and financially it doesn't make sense (personally it would though...booo).

Another year of waiting :(

My hope of getting in this year is dwindling away...

What is your backup plan?

The U.S. schools counts courses by credits.... and it turns out that each half course that I did is only worth 3 credits, and one full year course is 6 credits. But some schools want 8 credits of physical chem, 8 credits of orgo, and 8credits of physics. So I dunno... it seems like I've only got 6 credits worth of each at the moment... and hence back to school for me :(

Archived